cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Great West Legend

Ms_B_Haven
Explorer
Explorer
Need your advice please. Do you think it would be a bad decision to buy a 2013 Great West Legend, excellent condition, low miles, priced right but Great West is no longer in business? Any advice on this would be appreciated. Thanks.
2013 Thor Citation, 2 slides, Mercedes Benz diesel
Annie, Maggie & Buddy (Chihuahuas)
6 REPLIES 6

IndyTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a 2014 GWV direct from the Alabama factory. Like the others except PSW have said, a 2013 is out of warranty, has the same components as other Class Bs, and can be serviced by any RV and/or MB dealer (Iโ€™m assuming Sprinter chassis). The fact theyโ€™re out of business is irrelevant. A 2013 would most likely have been built in Canada, if so then by highly qualified and experienced workers. The move to Alabama was their undoing. Even so, weโ€™ve had minor issues with ours that DH was able to fix himself. I would have no more reservation about buying a used GWV than any other quality brand. As with any used unit, inspect thoroughly, test drive, check out all major systems. If youโ€™re satisfied, buy it.

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a Great West last year and have had no issues at all, except I hate the bed. Most uncomfortable thing I've ever slept on.

PSW
Explorer
Explorer
I would probably just use the fact "they have gone out of business" as a bargaining tool for the price and go for it. I totally agree with the other posters: they made some really great Bs.

Paul
PSW
2013 Phoenix Cruiser 2350
2014 Jeep Cherokee behind it
and a 2007 Roadtrek 210P for touring

GailS
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with Mumkin and AsheGuy. The RV components and appliances are the same as other manufacturers. The chassis can be serviced at the same place as others, too. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a Great West if it was what I wanted.

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
mumkin wrote:
It would be out of warranty anyway, so I don't see that it much matters. Since the recession when so many manufacturers went belly up, there are lots of orphans out there. They had a great reputation until things fell apart after the move to Alabama. Basically the same equipment that is in all the Class B's.
I agree, Great West built great Class Bs on a par with Pleasure-Way, LTV, etc. Except for warranty items, there is not much need for support from the original conversion company.
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
It would be out of warranty anyway, so I don't see that it much matters. Since the recession when so many manufacturers went belly up, there are lots of orphans out there. They had a great reputation until things fell apart after the move to Alabama. Basically the same equipment that is in all the Class B's.
Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme