cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separation Anxiety

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Just listed the toy hauler on craigslist. Sad but happy.

We've spent the last couple of weeks cleaning/emptying it. I cannot believe how much **** we had in that trailer!!!! I can hardly move in my garage with all the boxes stacked up.

Sure hope the new trailer comes sooner than anticipated, will feel funny not owning an RV.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX
11 REPLIES 11

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
WhitehouseLV wrote:
WhitehouseLV wrote:
without going through all your old posts what's your next toyhauler going to be?

just read your old post...your buying a fiver!!! man your one of the old timers on here.

GEE! Make me feel OLD!
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

WhitehouseLV
Explorer III
Explorer III
WhitehouseLV wrote:
without going through all your old posts what's your next toyhauler going to be?

just read your old post...your buying a fiver!!! man your one of the old timers on here.

Longtime Member of RV.net (since 2005) just trying to find my friends and way around in this new community.
40' Keystone Toyhauler
2017 Ram 3500 DRW
2019 KTM 300 XC-W tpi
Honda CRF 80F

Honda Rincon
Polaris RZR 800 Trail

WhitehouseLV
Explorer III
Explorer III

Longtime Member of RV.net (since 2005) just trying to find my friends and way around in this new community.
40' Keystone Toyhauler
2017 Ram 3500 DRW
2019 KTM 300 XC-W tpi
Honda CRF 80F

Honda Rincon
Polaris RZR 800 Trail

dedmiston
nayther wrote:
nayther wrote:
just got a text from a family friend (next generation) that is very interested in the trailer, saw it on Facebook! Would be totally awesome to sell it to them, wonderful family that we've ridden with and known forever and they just had their first baby.

Fingers crossed he can work it out, would be great to see someone that we know carry on the legacy.

Made it happen, sold it to them. Had to drop the price farther than I'd like but it's sold!

Now can't wait until late May/early June for the new one.

Wow. That was really quick. I'm happy for you.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
just got a text from a family friend (next generation) that is very interested in the trailer, saw it on Facebook! Would be totally awesome to sell it to them, wonderful family that we've ridden with and known forever and they just had their first baby.

Fingers crossed he can work it out, would be great to see someone that we know carry on the legacy.

Made it happen, sold it to them. Had to drop the price farther than I'd like but it's sold!

Now can't wait until late May/early June for the new one.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

nayther
Explorer
Explorer

DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

dedmiston
nayther wrote:
dedmiston wrote:
It took us a long time to find the right buyer and close the deal with ours. You might not be RV-less after all.

I had a lot of lookie-loos and a lot of people who flat out didn't read the ad. Probably the #1 demographic was guys from Pt. Mugu who wanted a toy, but then got turned down by their wives.

I think your best bet for a used RV is someone from the trades who isn't afraid to maintain it. I finally met up with a plumber who was a great guy. I showed him all the good, the bad, and the ugly. He was really grateful to know what issues to keep an eye out for and he wasn't afraid to commit to the upkeep required of a 12 year old RV.

A couple of guys got under my skin when we met and I told them to pound sand. We had too many amazing years as a family in that RV to sell it to jerks like that.

Did you list it anywhere but Craigslist Dave?

There and Facebook.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
It took us a long time to find the right buyer and close the deal with ours. You might not be RV-less after all.

I had a lot of lookie-loos and a lot of people who flat out didn't read the ad. Probably the #1 demographic was guys from Pt. Mugu who wanted a toy, but then got turned down by their wives.

I think your best bet for a used RV is someone from the trades who isn't afraid to maintain it. I finally met up with a plumber who was a great guy. I showed him all the good, the bad, and the ugly. He was really grateful to know what issues to keep an eye out for and he wasn't afraid to commit to the upkeep required of a 12 year old RV.

A couple of guys got under my skin when we met and I told them to pound sand. We had too many amazing years as a family in that RV to sell it to jerks like that.

Did you list it anywhere but Craigslist Dave?
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

dedmiston

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Maybe it's better to have no RV's knowing you will soon have one than having two RV's not knowing when you will only have one? 🙂

:B

Good point, should have enough time, new trailer is still about 8 weeks out.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe it's better to have no RV's knowing you will soon have one than having two RV's not knowing when you will only have one? 🙂