Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Toy Haulers: Separation Anxiety
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> Separation Anxiety

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
nayther

Burbank, CA

View Profile

Posted: 04/06/18 10:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just listed the toy hauler on craigslist. Sad but happy.

We've spent the last couple of weeks cleaning/emptying it. I cannot believe how much **** we had in that trailer!!!! I can hardly move in my garage with all the boxes stacked up.

Sure hope the new trailer comes sooner than anticipated, will feel funny not owning an RV.

DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 04/06/18 11:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe it's better to have no RV's knowing you will soon have one than having two RV's not knowing when you will only have one? [emoticon]

nayther

Burbank, CA

View Profile

Posted: 04/06/18 12:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gbopp wrote:

Maybe it's better to have no RV's knowing you will soon have one than having two RV's not knowing when you will only have one? [emoticon]

[emoticon]

Good point, should have enough time, new trailer is still about 8 weeks out.

dedmiston

Valencia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/06/18 01:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It took us a long time to find the right buyer and close the deal with ours. You might not be RV-less after all.

I had a lot of lookie-loos and a lot of people who flat out didn't read the ad. Probably the #1 demographic was guys from Pt. Mugu who wanted a toy, but then got turned down by their wives.

I think your best bet for a used RV is someone from the trades who isn't afraid to maintain it. I finally met up with a plumber who was a great guy. I showed him all the good, the bad, and the ugly. He was really grateful to know what issues to keep an eye out for and he wasn't afraid to commit to the upkeep required of a 12 year old RV.

A couple of guys got under my skin when we met and I told them to pound sand. We had too many amazing years as a family in that RV to sell it to jerks like that.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

nayther

Burbank, CA

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/18 12:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

It took us a long time to find the right buyer and close the deal with ours. You might not be RV-less after all.

I had a lot of lookie-loos and a lot of people who flat out didn't read the ad. Probably the #1 demographic was guys from Pt. Mugu who wanted a toy, but then got turned down by their wives.

I think your best bet for a used RV is someone from the trades who isn't afraid to maintain it. I finally met up with a plumber who was a great guy. I showed him all the good, the bad, and the ugly. He was really grateful to know what issues to keep an eye out for and he wasn't afraid to commit to the upkeep required of a 12 year old RV.

A couple of guys got under my skin when we met and I told them to pound sand. We had too many amazing years as a family in that RV to sell it to jerks like that.

Did you list it anywhere but Craigslist Dave?

dedmiston

Valencia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/18 08:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

nayther wrote:

dedmiston wrote:

Did you list it anywhere but Craigslist Dave?

There and Facebook.

nayther

Burbank, CA

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/18 02:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

just got a text from a family friend (next generation) that is very interested in the trailer, saw it on Facebook! Would be totally awesome to sell it to them, wonderful family that we've ridden with and known forever and they just had their first baby.

Fingers crossed he can work it out, would be great to see someone that we know carry on the legacy.

nayther

Burbank, CA

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/18 09:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

nayther wrote:

just got a text from a family friend (next generation) that is very interested in the trailer, saw it on Facebook! Would be totally awesome to sell it to them, wonderful family that we've ridden with and known forever and they just had their first baby.

Fingers crossed he can work it out, would be great to see someone that we know carry on the legacy.

Made it happen, sold it to them. Had to drop the price farther than I'd like but it's sold!

Now can't wait until late May/early June for the new one.

dedmiston

Valencia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/24/18 04:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

nayther wrote:

nayther wrote:

Made it happen, sold it to them. Had to drop the price farther than I'd like but it's sold!

Now can't wait until late May/early June for the new one.

Wow. That was really quick. I'm happy for you.

WhitehouseLV

Cowboy State

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/18 09:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

without going through all your old posts what's your next toyhauler going to be?

40' Keystone Toyhauler
F350 6.4L DRW to pull the TH
Kawasaki KX 100
Honda CRF 150R
Honda CRF 80F
Honda CRF 50F
Honda CRF 450X
Honda Rincon
Polaris RZR 800 Trail
Polaris 50 Outlaw

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> Separation Anxiety
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS