cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tire Pressure

bobsz28
Explorer
Explorer
My 2010 Palomino Puma toyhauler has a factory sticker on it that says the proper tire inflation is 65 pounds. When I had new tires put on it at the RV Dealer they inflated each tire to 80 pounds (which is the max tire pressure). Which pressure should I use? I haul a Polaris RZR that weighs about 1400 pounds. Thanks! In total my weight is probably around 11,000 pounds.
5 REPLIES 5

dudeonit
Explorer
Explorer
Your trailer probably came with Load range D Tires which max inflation would be 65 PSI.
Make sure the rims are rated for the E rated tires.
Rating should be stamped on the inside of the rim.

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Trailer tires should always be inflated to Max as listed on the tire sidewall

2nd that!
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
If they are ST tires they perform better when aired up (or close to) to max psi as stated on sidewall. Under-inflated ST tires will in time suffer from undo heat build-up which will dramatically cut down their lifespan. Sounds like maybe your TH came stock with load rated D tires from factory which explains the 65psi on the label. I've replaced our ST tires on our TH and went up one load rating to E as well and inflate them to 80psi as stated on sidewall.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
It kind of depends on what tires you have on the trailer. "E" rated ST tires should not be inflated, but replaced. 🙂 But you have to know what the tires are rated for before you know what pressure to inflate them to. If you have "E" rated ST tires and your trailer weighs around 11,000 lbs., inflate them to maximum sidewall pressure.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Trailer tires should always be inflated to Max as listed on the tire sidewall