cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Blue Ox Aventa

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
I just got a blue ox aventa II tow bar for free. It's used but it comes with a rebuild kit. And the guy who gave it to me will rebuild it for me. Anyone use one of these? Don't know much about them.
Proud father of a US Marine
4 REPLIES 4

doc_brown
Explorer
Explorer
LadyRVer wrote:
Used the Aventa on two different toads. Great tow bar.

Three different toads for me.
Steve,Kathy and Josh
Morpheus(Basenji)at Rainbow Bridge
2004 40' TSDP Country Coach Inspire DaVinci
350 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, Air Force One Braking, Blue Ox

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
I just rebuild the one I bought on CraigsList. The rebuild kit is new plastic washers and Nyloc nuts. You'll also want to buy new boots. I think the kit and boots costs $35. Take pictures of everything before disassembly.

You'll need 1-1/16 and 1-1/8 sockets and a foot long extension to get at the nut on the top of the main bolt holding the bar to the receiver insert. Remove the Nyloc nut down inside the receiver insert, back off the 2 bolts on the side and unscrew the main bolt from the collar inside the receiver insert. They didn't give me all the washers for this connection so I reused the old ones. Also, this was a 3/4-16 schedule 5 bolt that I replaced with a new schedule 8. It's the one bolt that if it fails will cut your dinghy loose.

I took the whole tow bar apart, sandblasted the rust off and gave it a fresh coat of black Rustoleum. Use white lith grease to coat the new washers and take the Nyloc nuts down enough to snug up but not bind the moving parts.

Here it is all ready to go back together with the new boots.

Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Used the Aventa on two different toads. Great tow bar.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I used an avanta II myself. a great tow bar. don't use it anymore.
bumpy