cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oais

farmingdad
Explorer
Explorer
My oais is not getting any fuel , it started spitting and finally quit I put new o ring in and anyone have any thoughts
13 REPLIES 13

falconman
Explorer
Explorer
Suggest you clean the orifice and change the stone filter behind the nozzle if you havenโ€™t already.

Bikeboy57
Explorer
Explorer
No fuel could have a number of causes. Clogged nozzle, clogged filter, fuel solenoid malfunctioning, bad fuel pump, or air leak in inlet supply. The most obvious and most common is clogged nozzle. If you want to check the other potential causes then remove the fuel return line and run it into a jug. Turn the unit on and see if you are indeed moving fuel.

You seem reluctant to replace the nozzle. However that is almost always the first thing to do when a diesel burner is behaving as you described. Doug gave great advice. He always gives good advice
Richard and Rhonda
1999 Newell
Subaru Outback toad

farmingdad
Explorer
Explorer
Plenty of fuel , got to try to get her going ,wife is wanting to go out west at end of may be our 1st trip

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Just out of curiosity, do you have enough fuel in your main fuel tank. The Oasis is just like your generator, it will quit drawing fuel at a certain level.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ah, the tech told me! You certainly cannot see through a Webasto/Agua Hot nozzle so that may be a very different animal. I can't imagine ANY diesel fuel nozzle that you could see through.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

farmingdad
Explorer
Explorer
I can see through it. And tech told me it would be ok It isnโ€™t getting fuel

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
farmingdad wrote:
It is a diesel , a I cleaned nozzle

I have never worked on an Oasis Diesel, but I have worked on scores Of Aqua Hot Diesels. The Fuel nozzle on an Aquahot CANNOT be cleaned adequately. You replace it. So, do you know if the Oasis fuel nozzle CAN be cleaned or do they require replacement? The fuel nozzle is what gets clogged and stops the flow of fuel. The Manual I found states to replace the fuel nozzle/nozzle filter/o ring for the regular service. Doug

farmingdad
Explorer
Explorer
It is a diesel , a I cleaned nozzle

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Oasis makes an LP and a Diesel. If yours is Diesel, did you replace the Fuel nozzle? Doug

farmingdad
Explorer
Explorer
Heating system in my mountain air , an it does not loop through floor and I did get a tune up kit and installed it

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Ok, what's an oais?
it is his water heating and if he has it his floor heating combo.

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Is this in a boat, a plain or a spaceship? Sorry, but you kind of asked a question without any info. Your Oais or Oasis Hydronic heating unit has it's own fuel filter. When was the last time you replaced the filter and serviced the unit?

It may have quit for many reasons. My first suggestion would be to service the unit. You can buy the kit on Amazon. There is a YouTube video that will walk you through the service. It takes about twenty minutes and requires minimal tools. It includes the new fuel filter, air filter and igniter, which is often the problem.

Amazon

YouTube

If that doesn't solve your issue, give ITR, the parent company for Oasis a call, they'll walk you through diagnosis.

ITR-Oasis
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, what's an oais?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman