cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone know how to add an outdoor shower to '94 Pleasureway?

Cheryl_B
Explorer
Explorer
I have a friend who just bought one and they love it but it has no shower. I thought there must be a way to tap into the water line from outside in one of the compartments, attach a connector of sorts and pop on a shower hose. Am I over simplifying it a bit? She has a:

1994 Pleasure-Way, Model VRL, 350 Dodge Ram chassis.

It's such a cool Class B. Was a single-owner unit, ordered from the factory and they just didn't get one with a shower. The head does not have a drain in the floor, so I guess it's not an option to put a shower in there.

Thanks in advance.
1985 Class C Chevy Rockwood, 27'
Fulltiming since June, 2016. Flying solo but I'm never alone.
Fear not the unknown, but the fear itself.
4 REPLIES 4

Cheryl_B
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you. I found a few things on youtube after posting this thread so I sent her those videos so she and her husband can get some ideas. I'll check your links too. Thanks for responding.
1985 Class C Chevy Rockwood, 27'
Fulltiming since June, 2016. Flying solo but I'm never alone.
Fear not the unknown, but the fear itself.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Here are some examples:

Ivation handheld

Propane-heated

Coleman's version

The beauty of these systems is that there's no plumbing additions or holes to cut, and nothing to winterize. And if they don't want to shower close to the van, they can always buy a popup shower tent:

Popup shower tent
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
I tried to find it on the Transit Forum I read, but I know that a few cargo van conversions have used a shower curtain attached between the two back doors (opened) to create a shower "space", then used one of many different options for the shower itself. The simplest is a battery-operated handheld shower that gets placed in a bucket of warm water; but there are also gas-fired water heaters (or electric) that can be used for a portable shower
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
You just have to find a spot inside where there's hot and cold, like under the bathroom or kitchen sink, and connect to the supply lines with a Tee.
You'll have to cut a good size hole in the wall so just make sure there's no stud where you cut.