cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV recommendations?

brmiller
Explorer
Explorer
We've been using a 26" LCD TV the few times we've been out. Unfortunately it's too big/heavy to mount in the spot that has the backer from the factory. It's also a pain to pack away and get out to watch, also it takes away counter space.

So I feel that a 22-24" TV would be best for the location we have for mounting. I've looked around on Amazon but most of the 12 volt TV's don't have very good ratings.

Can anyone recommend a brand that makes RV specific TV's in that size range?
6 REPLIES 6

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
brmiller wrote:
Ok, I assumed there were "RV specific" TVs that ran on 12 volt and where built a little more robust to handle the jarring rides most TT experience.

Good to know that any tv will work. Thanks!

My vote----Samsung or Sharp. Look at the TV operating in the store and then judge which is the best picture you like.

brmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, I assumed there were "RV specific" TVs that ran on 12 volt and where built a little more robust to handle the jarring rides most TT experience.

Good to know that any tv will work. Thanks!

MSchu
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a regular 22" tv, and the few times I didn't have shore power I just used a cheap inverter to power it. It works fine.

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a Costco Samsung 22 inch a few years ago that had an external source of 12 volt power to the TV. Cut off the lead to the transformer and put on the TV cigar plug 12 volt plug. When I mounted it to the wall on a very secure board, I put Velcro straps on the board and push the mount back, tie up the Velcro straps in front of the TV and everything stays right there.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
There is no such a thing as a RV specific television.
Go to WalMart, Best Buy, Sams or Costco and look. All will have televisions. The power cord will have a power brick. Check it. It will have an input voltage, 120VAC. Output will be somewhere around 12 15 VDC. Pick the one you like best for picture and sound.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
brmiller wrote:
So I feel that a 22-24" TV would be best for the location we have for mounting. I've looked around on Amazon but most of the 12 volt TV's don't have very good ratings.

Can anyone recommend a brand that makes RV specific TV's in that size range?

The 22" LCD television supplied with our Coachmen trailer is a Legend brand and although it came with a 120 vac > 12 vdc adapter I run it directly off the trailer's 12 vdc system. I'm not sure how you'd judge it's quality other than to say I haven't had any issues with it in 5 yrs even though we also use it in the house (powered with the adapter) during the winter months.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380