cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Arctic Fox bumper key

dennych1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2010 Arctic Fox 990 and I am trying to find out how to get a second bumper key. I was able to order a second door key but having trouble locating a bumper key.
Thanks
Dennis
10 REPLIES 10

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Might be easier to replace the lock.

I hate that barrel key.

I will look at mine tonight and see if I can replace the entire lock cylinder.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Joe417
Explorer
Explorer
I would think any real locksmith would be able to make you one if you can't buy one using the number. You can also buy the lock with keys for about $15 with shipping.

Here's a link to one:

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjLkYnBo7HaAhULj2kKHV7_AicYABALGgJpcQ&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAASE-RoblPF9L4A_otDYHWa7PaIe8k&sig=AOD64_1oJ7Uv5M1fNoLDH9adad6SGXTn4w&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwjQm4TBo7HaAhVk4oMKHU-QA94Q9aACCD8&adurl=

Search on Barrel Lock or Key.
Joe & Evelyn

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
towpro wrote:
ScottG wrote:

Arctic Fox is pretty good about not using those CH715 generic keys although there are exceptions.

every cabinet door key on my 2016 Arctic Fox 990 IS a CH715, accept the round keys for the fox landing bumper.

I did say "pretty good". ๐Ÿ˜„

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:

Arctic Fox is pretty good about not using those CH715 generic keys although there are exceptions.

every cabinet door key on my 2016 Arctic Fox 990 IS a CH715, accept the round keys for the fox landing bumper.
2022 Ford F150
Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.

Bedlam
For those not familiar with the bumper storage on the Arctic Fox, It uses a cylinder style round key instead of flat:

You should be able to pull a number off the lock body or key to get duplicates.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

dennych1
Explorer
Explorer
This is the bumper key at each end of bumper

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Alternative, cost wise might be more economical to replace lock-would come with keys.
But yes, any locksmith could duplicate, might remove lock and take to verify fit.
Contact Artic Fox?
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Kayteg1 wrote:
Bumper key or storage key?
From what I know, all storage keys for all campers are the same. No matter the brands.
My Fleetwood keys are the same what Lance keys.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Bumper key or storage key?
From what I know, all storage keys for all campers are the same. No matter the brands.
My Fleetwood keys are the same what Lance keys.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
If you have the original key you can order an extra from the dealer with the number on it. There may even be a number engraved on lock itself.
Or go to a bigger locksmith and get a dup made.