cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bathroom Remodel

Freelander26RS
Explorer
Explorer
I want to remove my cabinet and sink from my motorhome as I need more legroom. I want to hang a sink on the wall. The ones I have seen are about 30 lbs. How do you hang a 30 lb sink from the wall, are there studs or something I can screw or nail into? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.
7 REPLIES 7

fourthclassC
Explorer
Explorer
How about making a counter top for a light fiberglass camper sink (perhaps the one you have already) then hang the counter top/sink assembly on the wall and create cantileaver 45ยฐ brackets to support it. This may buy you the leg room under it that you need.

johnwalkerpa1
Explorer
Explorer
Is a folding sink an option?

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
There may be a couple other ideas but knowing the layout of your bathroom would help a lot. Include the floor plan of the bath, the hot and cold supply, waste piping and the toilet location and water supply, don't forget the cabinet dimentions.
If yours run out from the wall it is easier, if they go down through the floor makes it a little harder.

I've got a couple of ideas but need to know more...
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
jrobert01 wrote:
pedestel sink

X2, or find a light plastic RV sink. ๐Ÿ˜›
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

jrobert01
Explorer
Explorer
pedestel sink

Freelander26RS
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you j-d for your post. I think you are right that's why I don't see any pictures of any like that. Maybe just a slimmer cabinet underneath. Or custom.

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
If your coach has a steel or aluminum frame inside the wall structure, you might be able to find that frame, much like studs in a house wall, and hang your sink.

That said, I don't think even that framing has the strength you need for this mod. Even if you found a lighter sink, at least two factors work against you:

One, RV bounces down the road. This puts stresses on everything.

Two, You or somebody else may lean on that sink and find the mounting wasn't strong enough.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB