cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jacks down lightcame on

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
2013 Itasca Elipse. Today after driving about 200 miles in wind and rain my jacks down lights came on. I pulled off when i could and ran the auto retract. Light out for about 250 miles and came on again. Same routine and drove another 150 and it did not return. Any ideas?
9 REPLIES 9

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. No on pirch light. Been traveling and now back in cold WI so will work on it in May. Thanks.

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
There were two different systems used on the Ellipse in 2013. If manufactured after 04-08-2012 it is the LCI pictured.

I have similar issues and I can watch the right front jack drift down a little. It usually stops after I exercise it a few times and warm up the fluid. Because it is drifting down, I know it is not the pressure switch.

Couple of things I have to check when I can.

1) I have to check the manual screw at the solenoid to make sure it is closed all the way.

2) If the manual screw is tight, then I have to run a LCI Cylinder Test to see if the fluid is bypassing through the jack. I retract the jacks, remove the red return line and try to retract that jack more. If fluid comes from the cylinder, the cylinder is bad. If not, most likely the solenoid is allowing fluid to bypass and needs replaced.

PS - Did you find out if your porch light is LED or not?

2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
What brand/model?

Different ones use different "triggers" for activating the jack down light.

Without that information, we could very easily tell you how OURS works, but it may be different than YOURS.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You need to state BRAND of jacks. HWH or LCI. Itasca was using LCI jacks in 2013. IF you have LCI jacks, then the odds are you have a pressure switch problem, NOT low fluid level. LCI jacks are power DOWN and POWER retract. When the jacks are retracted, there is pressure holding them up. There is a pressure switch that senses that pressure. IF the system loses that pressure, the switch closes and turns on the jack down light. OR, the pressure switch is defective. Doug

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
I thought fluid as well. Will check it soon. Going to get snow today so will take my time. Thanks for the ideas.

MrWizard
low fluid
OR
the contacts where the wiring plus into the low level switch, got wet and dirty
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Low fluid. It doesn't take much to make the light and alarm come on.

msmith1199
Explorer
Explorer
Low hydraulic fluid level can cause it.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Make and model of jacks?
A dirty switch on some could cause an indictor to come on.
Locate and clean switch areas as indicated by manufacturer.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker