cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1400 miles ln the new fifth-wheel

grizz272
Explorer
Explorer
The first trip with the new fifth-wheel was good and bad. I averaged 11.4 mpg. The 40+ inch tv no longer works. It worked before we left and does not now. I called the dealer and he said send a picture of the "on " screen and they will order us a new one. He then said that they had to order a new tv for another fifth-wheel they delivered in March. Are these led tv fragile?
The worst part of the trip were the entrances and exits at the waysides, they were horrible.
11 REPLIES 11

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
We have 4 TVs in our RV. They're seven years old. We've spend nearly 1000 nights in the RV using the TVs. About 35,000 miles travelled.

The 40" Samsung is the best by far but the other 3 no-names are OK.

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Jensen in our 5'er. 4 years and 1000's of miles of travel and still works fine. I've been thinking of replacing it because its painfully slow scanning channels each time we go to a new area.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

grizz272
Explorer
Explorer
F-TROUP wrote:
I know what a hen weigh is but not sure what a wayside is. More than likely a cheap set, our LED Samsung is still going after 6 years and we know rough roads in Calif.

I haver been waiting for years to do the hen weigh bit on some one. I mentioned your thread in from of my best friends wife. She looks up and says What's a hen weigh? Wife and I answered at the same time about 3 lbs. The look on her face was priceless. I have not laugh that hard in a long time.

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
Our 5th wheel had an RCA when new. It lasted 3 years.

I'm not sure it's a brand problem as much as it's a rolling earth quake problem.
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

Toolguy5
Explorer
Explorer
When we bought our Chaparral in 2013 it came with a Magnavox. Over the Winter that year the frame cracked but the TV still worked. Coachmen replaced it with a Furrion. Never heard of that before but it is still working and we have towed about 15,000 miles.
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

mkisamore
Explorer
Explorer
so how was the rest of the trip did everything else work and what did you see, you didn't share the good.

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
Judging from my experience with the factory furnished TV's, I think you got about average service out of yours.

If that is the only problem, you are good to go. :W

Gib3633
Explorer
Explorer
I've Had two Samsungs one in a 2010 Montana and after 4 months of use it died. Customer support took serial # and said already off warranty by time Montana was built and we ordered it. It hadn't sat around Our DRV also had a Samsung and it got approximately 11 months combined and the HDMI receptical burnt out on it . Can't say I'm very impressed with Samsung in RVs The one in our home is 10 years old but doesn't see any bumps.

BobKrogstie
Explorer
Explorer
F-TROUP wrote:
I know what a hen weigh is but not sure what a wayside is. More than likely a cheap set, our LED Samsung is still going after 6 years and we know rough roads in Calif.

I believe "wayside" is Wisconsinese for rest area.
Bob and Natalie
2008 Grand Junction 37QSB
2009 Dodge 3500DRW Big Horn 4X2/CC/LB/CTD/4:10/Auto

F-TROUP
Explorer
Explorer

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Sonys and Samsungs aren't. They probably installed the cheapest they could find.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman