Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing the monochrome backup camera

BigCanoe
Explorer
Explorer
Hi!

I have a 2008 Outlook 31C by Winnebago. It has a Voyager camera system that is monochrome. The monitor is mounted on the cab ceiling. The model number on the monitor is AOM562. It connects to the camera cable buy a square 4 pin connector. I cant find a model on the camera but it is also Voyager. I am wondering if I can replace this system easily with a color system without having to run a new cable?

How can I tell if the monitor is color or monochrome only? Same for the camera? Will this cable be plug and play for another Voyager system? Any assistance appreciated!
2008 Winnebago Outlook 31C
2013 Honda Fit 5-speed
6 REPLIES 6

BigCanoe
Explorer
Explorer
I see a difference, but its too soon to say if it's worth it. It cost about $180.
2013 Honda Fit 5-speed

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
I replaced a B&W setup with color and it's really of no benefit.

I agree, I did that on my last coach & was no improvement.
Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
BigCanoe wrote:
Hi!

I have a 2008 Outlook 31C by Winnebago. It has a Voyager camera system that is monochrome. The monitor is mounted on the cab ceiling. The model number on the monitor is AOM562. It connects to the camera cable buy a square 4 pin connector. I cant find a model on the camera but it is also Voyager. I am wondering if I can replace this system easily with a color system without having to run a new cable?

How can I tell if the monitor is color or monochrome only? Same for the camera? Will this cable be plug and play for another Voyager system? Any assistance appreciated!

I replaced a B&W setup with color and it's really of no benefit. If you current setup is working you may be disappointed with the results considering the money spent. If you do want to change then the folks at RVCams.com are the ones who will put you on the right path.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

BigCanoe
Explorer
Explorer
Hey, that is exactly what I did too! Tim at RVCams replied right away to my email, answered my questions, and helped me decide what to purchase. In my case, the Voyager VCM155 color camera was a simple plug and play replacement. The monitor was color and now the camera is too. I am very happy with the service I got from RVCams.com!

Here is the contact information:
Tim Lazaroe
Tim@rvcams.com
RV Cams, Inc (RV Cams: Backup Camera Systems (All) and www.BusElectronics.com)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Toll Free: 877-378-2267
Fax: 225-261-7832
2013 Honda Fit 5-speed

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi,

My advice is to give RVCams.com a call or send them an email. Tell them what you have and what you want to do. They will fix you up without any guesswork and be able to sell you what you need to get the job done right.

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

Kavoom
Explorer
Explorer
Not a tech, but if you have a cable, it usually ends up being cable ends that are the issues and most of the time those can be replaced to adapt. I'm thinking both ends will have to be changed out. Check specs on everything and ASK the tech crew at a dealership...or two. Or some electrical tech guy will chime in here soon.