cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1997 Class C E-Super Duty Instrument Cluster

traderladd
Explorer
Explorer
The temp and oil pressure gauges are not working in my 1997 Class C E-Super Duty RV. I am having trouble finding one that will fit. I can find them for 1997 E-350 but when i checked compatibility it says no compatible. They all look the same. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

❚ Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★"?
    Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions related to "posting" issues with Open Roads Forum sites, member profile and photo testing, and for reporting account issues. Please avoid using this forum for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, visit the RV Forum which corresponds to the subject of your topic, and click the Post New Topic link. Thank-you!

Moved from FORUM POSTING HELP AND SUPPORT
3 REPLIES 3

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
So far as I know, the instrument panel is identical to the E350 and other E series vans of the model year. Some of the search systems are mighty confused by the (short-lived) E-SuperDuty chassis designation without a number; maybe it would tell you it fits an E450 chassis, which technically did not exist in 1997 but is what the E-SuperDuty was later renamed to.

Do check out the senders first.

tarnold
Explorer
Explorer
A scan gauge will provide that and much more. Have one mounted on my 97 e350 steering column. Had same engine temp problem. 2 sensors on top of (assuming you have v10?) motor, driver side. One easy to get to, other difficult. Replaced easy one still didn't work. Broke down and gave to Ford dealer, $500+ later, replaced both sensors and wiring harness to them.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
very first thing is its most likely NOT THE GAUGE thats broke, oil sending unit on the motor is shot, and temp sensor shot, before you buy them check them out.