cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coming back to fifth wheel

Johnnybgood
Explorer
Explorer
Had a 30 hitchhiker II that we finally took to auction because of slide out leaks and critter infestation after being in a campground for a couple of years. Now we have a 2000 Lance 1140 truck camper that is just too small for us. We have a deposit down on a 2007 Triple E Topaz 5th wheel 34.6 feet long with all the bells and whistles. We will go look. At it this week and bring it home if it looks as good in person as it did on the internet.
1 REPLY 1

DSteiner51
Explorer
Explorer
I started camping as a kid by driving two t fence posts into the ground, stretching bailer twine between them and throwing a tarp over it. In the ‘70’s I rented either travel trailers or truck campers from a local rv dealer then when they went out of business a large family tent.

In the late ‘80’s I bought a used truck camper for $500 and made a gooseneck trailer to mount it on towing with a Ford Ranger. From there I migrated to a 26ft low profile 5th (in my Sig) and now my current 31 ft 5th wheel.

Welcome to the 5th wheel club...if there is such a thing... Just enjoy whatever you buy!
D. Steiner
The sooner I fall behind, the more time I have to catch up.