cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Coachman leprechaun inverter location

jstrong499
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a Coachman Leprechaun 319ds and never had the inverter work my TV Cpap and other stuff. There is no power to any outlets unless plugged in or generators running. All fuses and breakers good in the check box. Can’t find a inverter anywhere, and hoping its just a simple reset switch.
Thanks in Advance,
Jamie in Alabama
5 REPLIES 5

jstrong499
Explorer
Explorer
I’m going to tap into the TV power plug and pull some simple DC power from my little 150 watt inverter to power it. Just Pulled off the road on our trip to watch the ACM awards and having to run the generator just to watch TV, 50 watts, go figure.
I’ll fix that at the next stop :).

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
The (DC) fuses are for DC circuits--lights, the water pump, fridge controls, that sort of thing.

If you can plug your CPAP into a 12V receptacle, you don't need an inverter, just a 12V power point installed somewhere more convenient. That would be more efficient than running an inverter (to make 120V out of the 12V power) just to plug in your CPAP machine's power brick (to make 12V out of that 120V power), with each of the two conversions consuming some energy in the process.

As to why they don't put more 12V sockets in useful places, your guess is as good as mine.

jstrong499
Explorer
Explorer
Seems strange, why have fuses in the power box area. Crappy not being able to watch tv and small things like running a Cpap machine for sleeping. Both would pull 50 watts. I do have a d/c plug at the Tv antenna area to run a 18’ extension cord to run the Cpap, but can’t get to the Tv plug so easy. Can’t hardly believe in. 100K RV, a $300 inverter is not a given. Not a biggie i reckon, always install one.

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
Are you sure you have an inverter? I don't think most Class C MHs come with them from the factory.

ronfisherman
I did a search for this model.
2014 Coachman leprechaun 319DS.
I did not find a Inverter listed anywhere in Electrical or Option.
You may want to download the brochure for future reference.
May be one installed that does not show in the literature.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD