cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MH Correct Vacuum Line Actuator Connection?

TC_Z
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2007 Winn Voyage 38J on a Workhorse chassis. We had dash AC problems and got it serviced. Shop says they also had to replace an air box actuator. Good news is air is cold now but doesn't come out where I expect it to. I am wondering if they connected the actuator back correctly. It is a 3-position actuator on driver side of engine just under the wind shield deck that has 2 hoses attached to it, a red one and a white one. Currently the red is on the end, and white on the side of the actuator. Can anyone confirm if this connection matches theirs? I can try swapping and see if it improves but hard to get to, I don't want to do it unless I know that's the problem. I can also try to call Winn tech service but concerned they may not know this detail and send me to Workhorse. Thanks
TC&Z
2007 Winn Voyage 38J, gas 8.1L engine
2018 Jeep Cherokee flat tow
8 REPLIES 8

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
TC&Z wrote:
I posted this. After extra careful inspection I found that the vacuum lines to the actuators in the engine compartment had what looked like heat ozone deterioration, they were brittle and crumbly and were leaking. Our rig these lines are small hard plastic, about size of a coffee straw, each a different bright color. I replaced them with automotive rubber vacuum line and all is good now.

Awesome! And thanks for not leaving us hanging without a resolution!
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

TC_Z
Explorer
Explorer
I posted this. After extra careful inspection I found that the vacuum lines to the actuators in the engine compartment had what looked like heat ozone deterioration, they were brittle and crumbly and were leaking. Our rig these lines are small hard plastic, about size of a coffee straw, each a different bright color. I replaced them with automotive rubber vacuum line and all is good now.
TC&Z

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
TC&Z wrote:
With more research I found this helpful Winn Service Tips link regarding my situation. We have the rotary control style system. Appears my vacuum hoses are connected properly.

Winn Service Tips - Dash Air

My concern at this point would be that they installed the incorrect actuator and it's not getting the right signal from your controls.

TC_Z
Explorer
Explorer
deleting duplicate entry
TC&Z

TC_Z
Explorer
Explorer
With more research I found this helpful Winn Service Tips link regarding my situation. We have the rotary control style system. Appears my vacuum hoses are connected properly.

Winn Service Tips - Dash Air
TC&Z

TC_Z
Explorer
Explorer
turbojimmy wrote:
Sounds like it went in for one problem and came out with another. I'd have the shop make it work like it should at their cost.

Agree it would be at no cost but there's our hassle factor of taking MH back and dealing with them. If it is easy it is worth it to me to do it myself, plus I learn something too.
TC&Z

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like it went in for one problem and came out with another. I'd have the shop make it work like it should at their cost.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. Workhorse does NOT install the Dash AC system. Winne(OEM) installs the controls. They are aftermarket NOT a Workhorse Part. The only thing the chassis makers supply is the Compressor and those hoses and the Condenser.
2. Odds are you have a Evans Tempcon system. This is the link for their systems and troubleshooting. Doug

http://www.evanstempcon.com/tsg_hvac.php