cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

leesburg

Road_Phantom
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to spend next winter in Leesburg, Fl. Preferably near Planet fitness and walmart. We are retired with one 14 lb dachshund. Our trailer is a 2015 34 ft 5th wheel, thanks.
9 REPLIES 9

TugCE
Explorer
Explorer
I have several Friends and Family members that have been staying at Holiday Travel Park for many years. The Park has been doing much needed upgrades for the last couple of years. These upgrades include, Redoing the Bathhouses and Laundry Rooms, Replacing 30 Amp Hookups with 50 Amp hookups and upgrades to the Pools and installing things like Bocce Ball Courts.

My BIL had had a Park Model there for almost 15 years and really like it. My Friends are Full Timers, they came to Leesburg for the first time 7 years ago. At first they would travel with the Fifth Wheel and they return to Leesburg for the Season, after doing this for a coupe of years they started leaving their Fifth Wheel there once the purchased a Truck Camper. They use the TC to travel during the Spring, Summer and Fall. This last Season they sold the Fifth Wheel and purchased a Park Model in the park and are still using the TC for traveling.

Holiday Travel Parks is by no means "cheap" to stay in but as I say to my friends, If you are the type to just stay at your RV and not leave the site then there are other cheaper alternatives. Holiday Travel has a lot of activities and if you take part in some of them (My Friends do but my BIL/SIL not so much) then it is well worth the price. What made my Friends decide to stay at Holiday Travel is that they "feel at home" when the get back. What really brought this home is how many people stop by and say "Welcome Back". For the most part people there are very friendly and we kid around about keeping a list of the people that do not wave when the go by (Non-Waver List) as most do wave. LOL
I am a Retired U.S. Merchant Marine Chief Engineer
05 Chevy 2500 4x4 D/A with Helper Springs and Air Ride Air Bags
(06 R-Vision RW3360 Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler) - Totaled by Irma 2017
97 FLTCI converted into a Roadsmith Trike by The Trike Shop of Daytona

barnaclebill
Explorer
Explorer
Just south of Leesburg is Ridgecrest RV another near Clermont is Bee's rest never been there but have seen them in passing by
2009 Monaco Camelot 42PDQ
425 Cummins
Chevy Equinox or Tracker
Blue Ox towing

hipower
Explorer
Explorer
Holiday Travel is just south of Leesburg. A little older park that isn't really reflected in the rates. The same for Blue Parrot in Lady Lake. Recreation Plantation in Lady Lake may be a good option. A little nicer amenities than some others and an additional 200+ sites being added over the next few months which should open up availability somewhat. There are others in the area, but I'm not personally familiar with them.

Good luck with your search. It's a pretty nice area to spend time.

Dream_Chaser_
Explorer
Explorer
We have spent 3 winters at Olde Mill in Umatilla. Bit pricey compared to other parks but worth every cent.

Depending on how long you want to stay, you might not get in. It books solid the first part of March.

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Olde Mill Stream in Umatilla, May be able to get a spot if you call soon.
Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then:)

Parrothead_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
If you're asking about potential parks I'd suggest you do some research on that area of Florida. We've been through there on occasion and even stayed up in Umatilla at Olde Mill. There are a lot of lakes in that area. Below is a clicky on RV Park Reviews.com for the Leesburg area. Find what you like.

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/florida/leesburg
2018 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

ADAD437
Explorer
Explorer
most everything in that area is mobile and rv mixed.

James,Gail & Pancho
2005 georgie boy Pursuit

๐Ÿ˜›

Road_Phantom
Explorer
Explorer
thats a mobile home park thanks anyway

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
Leesburg Landing is a little west between those.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams