cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Day tank

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
It is on sale at Costco, but I bet it will be available in other places as well.
I've been using "solar water heaters" who in 1 gallon size were great addition to RV when used without hook ups.
Filled up with lake water, or some campgrounds had water spigots not only extend the stay, but are also convenience when you spend the evening at campfire.
This tank brings the idea to whole new dimension.
Big, but still easy to carry and can be pressurized with hand pump, so no over head hanging.
Click on video that shows multiple uses.
DAY TANK
30 REPLIES 30

Oscar_P
Explorer
Explorer
mellow wrote:
Kayteg1 wrote:

-will TC roof support the weight?
-how to haul water from the lake up on the roof?
-the gravity pressure is not that high
- how to use that water at campfire.

I built mine on supports to spread the weight on the roof.
12v transfer pump and garden hoses
Pressure is fine, I use it hose off and put out campfires all the time.
You can see the hose I have hanging off the back, it is plenty long enough to reach a campfire near the TC.

***Off topic, sorry***
I clicked on the picture you posted to get a better look at your setup. Then not sure how to get back, and thinking it was a short cut I clicked on "Next Post" at the top of the picture. I can't unread what I read. HAHAHA

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
Even when I had 100 gallons tanks in my conversion, I liked solar tanks to wash my hands at fire-pit, or wash the dust from my feet.
Now the TC tanks last us for 2 days when we shower, so extra tank that I can fill anywhere and don't need gray water tank is good option.
Obviously so is taking midnight dive in the lake or river, but not too many campgrounds have spots close to the water and walking 1/4 mile at midnight is not something my DW will do.

:h
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
You made my day :B

I laughed too when I read this:

Kayteg1 wrote:
I liked solar tanks to wash my hands at fire-pit
Bob

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:

Washing hands at the campfire... why???...

You made my day :B

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
bitster98 wrote:
I just don't get this post.

Ditto.

Washing hands at the campfire... why???

Go inside the camper and wash your hands. It's hard to wash hands while trying to hold a hose and nozzle on this "day tank".
Bob

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
It takes 3-10 gallons of water to fully extinguish good campfire and you better do it in California.
Drinking lot of beer might help you bumpy, but I still think you'll be far away from goal.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
you have very little water to begin with and going to waste it on putting out a campfire? let the fire burn down and put it out the way our great grandparents did.
bumpy

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
Everyone camps differently..Some camp in parks and campgrounds and others strictly boondock away from all campers.

I have seen people use weed sprayers with a shower tip installed on the hose to shower and clean up..Seemed to work good and I was kinda impressed at the ingenuity of it...I just have not seen the need for something like that for my use..Everyone is different in there wants and needs for camping..

I use creek water sometimes for drinking on long stays with the use of a backpackers water filter from a clean creek.I also have multiple 50 gallon water barrels I thought I needed, but rarely use for extra water.

I see a use for the Ops device for "some" campers...
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

Bedlam
I carry two 42 gallon fresh water tanks in my enclosed trailer for extended boon docking. Typically I just refill the TC water tank when low but also use the water to clean my off-road toys. Water is transferred using a 12VDC pump to the TC or the the pump is strong enough to use with a sprayer on the end of a hose or wand. Refilling the TC tank allows us to use the water heater to wash dishes or take showers whether inside or outside. I avoid using stream or lake water to minimized microbe growth and only use treated tap water.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

mellow
Explorer
Explorer
Some others have taken 6" pvc piping and ran it around the roof to hold water as well so the weight is not all in one place, I would not recommend using black pipe if it is touching the roof during summer time temps.
2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

mellow
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:

-will TC roof support the weight?
-how to haul water from the lake up on the roof?
-the gravity pressure is not that high
- how to use that water at campfire.

I built mine on supports to spread the weight on the roof.
12v transfer pump and garden hoses
Pressure is fine, I use it hose off and put out campfires all the time.
You can see the hose I have hanging off the back, it is plenty long enough to reach a campfire near the TC.

2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
n0m4d wrote:
My Lance 805 doesn't have a shower, inside or out, or a water heater. Not saying this thing is a solution to that, but I found it interesting.

I agree it could be useful for those without a water heater or other source of water. I can see it as cool for those who tent camp as well.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
BOOM!!
Thatโ€™s the sound of this thread exploding and going down in flames...
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

n0m4d
Explorer
Explorer
My Lance 805 doesn't have a shower, inside or out, or a water heater. Not saying this thing is a solution to that, but I found it interesting.