cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Will Spring EVER get here!

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
It snowed again today in Central Indiana! That's how cold it is. And windy. This makes doing anything outside absolutely horrible.

Ugg!
29 REPLIES 29

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had 2" of spring on the lawn this morning ๐Ÿ˜ž

On the bright side the 10 day no longer has any freezing temperatures on it so maybe Spring will finally show up. Camping in a tent next weekend and lows are looking like mid 40's which is perfectly acceptable in my book.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

MNGeeks61
Explorer
Explorer
I saw a pontoon on the road yesterday, that's usually an indicator that spring is coming - or that person is VERY optimistic.

The predicted highs will be 50's this weekend, by next week predicted 60's in the Twin Cities area. It can't come fast enough, I have projects that I'd rather not do in the 30's lying in mud. Plus there is frost in the ground up north around 48" deep still. I hope it thaws soon.

garysol
Explorer
Explorer
I am planning to "summerize" this weekend. Hopefully I am not being to pessimistic.
2020 GMC Canyon
2022 NoBo 19.2

ziplock
Explorer
Explorer
" used 5' concrete rewire for hanging support and the plants grew together, forming the tunnel. It was awesome to reach up to harvest a Big Girl or a Big Boy in the tunnel." Quoted from Westend

Sounds cool.

My tomato of choice is BIG Beef. (Hybrid 1994 All American Winner)

I would think it would do good up there for you. 70 day.

Glad to hear from another gardener.

I need a tutorial on Quoting.

ziplock
Explorer
Explorer
westend wrote:
Anyone planting a vegetable garden this year anywhere?

I'm planning on it but, when, is the operative word. We still have a foot of snow on the ground but it is melting fast. The Sun is very strong, even in April. My record early planting date was April 4 for a double row of tomatoes. I started the plants from seed and they were inside hoops for the first few weeks.

Hoop gardening can sure extend your seasons but a guy has to be careful that daily temps don't get too high without allowing ventilation. I've burned up a few plants by not reacting fast enough. FWIW, I got my tomato harvest about a week before everyone else, not hardly worth the effort.

One year, though, with adjoining beds of indeterminite hybrid tomatoes, I was able to get the "tunnel-o-tomatoes". I used 5' concrete rewire for hanging support and the plants grew together, forming the tunnel. It was awesome to reach up to harvest a Big Girl or a Big Boy in the tunnel.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
No spring this year. When it warms up (and I'm assuming it will) we will go right into summer. One of the local weather persons is saying that the sudden warm up will make conditions ripe for sever weather. Lets hope he is wrong.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone planting a vegetable garden this year anywhere?

I'm planning on it but, when, is the operative word. We still have a foot of snow on the ground but it is melting fast. The Sun is very strong, even in April. My record early planting date was April 4 for a double row of tomatoes. I started the plants from seed and they were inside hoops for the first few weeks.

Hoop gardening can sure extend your seasons but a guy has to be careful that daily temps don't get too high without allowing ventilation. I've burned up a few plants by not reacting fast enough. FWIW, I got my tomato harvest about a week before everyone else, not hardly worth the effort.

One year, though, with adjoining beds of indeterminite hybrid tomatoes, I was able to get the "tunnel-o-tomatoes". I used 5' concrete rewire for hanging support and the plants grew together, forming the tunnel. It was awesome to reach up to harvest a Big Girl or a Big Boy in the tunnel.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Here in the northwest, it's been continuously lousy pretty much since last Oct. I guess we're lucky that we haven't gotten the teaser good weather, before going back to the cr@p. Some day...
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
I notice that all posters so far in this thread don't appear to reside in CA.

It's been spring here well before the official start of spring and we could have been rv'ing all along ... if it wasn't for our rig being in the shop getting tweaked up for upcoming trips the rest of the year. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
You have a camper. Hit the road.
Dennis Hoppert

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
Short answer--No. Go right into summer.
Jayco-noslide

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
Winter continues here in S Ontario as well. Big chunk of ice fell off the CN Tower in Toronto and punched a hole in the roof of the Rogers Centre so tonight's Jays game is now cancelled. Lots of p***** off people visiting from out of town with tickets to the game. ๐Ÿ˜ž

So apparently the solution was to send a crew up the CN Tower to manually chip the ice off. :E I'm thinking there's not enough money on the planet to convince me to do that! :W

2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

NCC-1701
Explorer
Explorer
dewey02 wrote:
NCC-1701 wrote:
Same in my part of Minnesota. Started Friday with rain, then freezing rain, then heavy snow from late Friday evening through to around 10AM today (Monday). Winds up to 50 mph. High today....32....avg is 60. Ugh!

My wife and I are just itching to get the motorhome out, but will probably be early May. If we were retired, we'd be someplace else!
Why not take the NCC-1701 to another planet, then? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Wrong model year Winnebago!!! :B

(from Spaceballs...the Movie)
"Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning." Captain Kirk in Star Trek VI 'The Undiscovered Country'

2007 39K Winnebago Journey "The Enterprise"
Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4

Trekkar
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed in Traverse City State Park last week. (Concert in Interlochen). Drove home with freezing rain. Ain't spring wonderful?
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
2021 Salem SFX 167RBK