cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Northbound Nogales Crossing

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Crossing at Nogales has always been a little challenging. We have a 42 ft. mh and tow a full size truck. You can only use the RH Bus lane. Usually one of the vendors assists by stopping the traffic that is coming from downtown Nogales. However things have changed. beginning sometime in January the CBP installed concrete Jersey barriers to keep that downtown traffic in 2 lanes. They left one out for the highway 15 traffic to cross into the bus lane. But there is not enough room for larger RV's. I am hoping that the easiest solution would be to turn off the toll road and head towards the central part of Nogales. There has to be a road further up that would take you with that downtown traffic and pass under highway 15 directly to the bus lane. This is the route the buses use. Does anyone know how I get onto that route? Thanks

Moisheh

I know that some RV's can make that crossing but I doubt our unit can do this without damaging the unit.
3 REPLIES 3

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
I have the route instructions from some SC residents as well as Rocmoc from this forum. I will post them later this week. One person stated that they removed a number of the Jersey barriers on Sunday late PM. We are heading North next week and will post my experiences.

Moisheh

thegumbos
Explorer
Explorer
We had the same problem when heading back from San Carlos this March. A local "worker" assisted us in moving through the opening in the barrier but our 34' fifth wheel barely fit and he had us driving the truck up over the curb and almost over some cactus. And the drivers in the other lanes were not happy! It WOULD be nice to know what the proper procedure is for getting into the RV/bus lane.

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
PM sent

rocmoc n AZ
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA