cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

McD's app needs care

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I use the McDonald's app frequently for online ordering either from the parking lot or inside the store. Don't like lines and cash, but mainly because I like technology.

About every 3rd time it gags with something like "You are having connectivity issues" or "No stores found." To solve this on my android phone, I go to app management, Storage, and select clear data and clear cache. Voila, fixed.

I mentioned this in a previous thread but thought it may be worth bringing up again for you Techno-McD's freaks.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman
55 REPLIES 55

lewisr
Explorer
Explorer
Texts to multiple android phones works fine on all 7 of the iPhones on my account.

I like the McDonaldโ€™s app, very convenient and a time saver.
'14 F-150 Super Crew 3.5EB 3.73
'19 Heritage Glen 282RK

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
wnjj wrote:
noteven wrote:
STBRetired wrote:
noteven wrote:

My iPhone canโ€™t send a text to iPhone and Android users at the same time.

Settings -> Messages -> Turn on "Send as SMS"

Easy fix.

Nope - doesn't fix it.

Do you have MMS turned on? Group messages are MMS. With only iPhones in the list, it uses iMessage (data instead of native cellular texting).

Sorry of the off topic.

yes MMS on - it should work according to Apple help - I can text those Android devices individually, but not send in text format to 2 of them together or individually in a group with Apple devices.

If it needs to be a group discussion we just use up data on a web based app. Apple could get this figured out by iPhone 19 maybe?

My $40 genuine Apple HDMI adapter works flawlessly with the phone but has sound only using iPad mini. The iPad mini video image freezes instantly and stays displayed. It was advertised as works for both devices. ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh and the pc laptop chugs along on weak sketchy wifi signals long after both A-team devices have got lost in space...

The above is not to be taken as any form of negative agains the Church of Apple in any form whatsover ๐Ÿ˜„

I never use a debit card. Always a credit card and check balances and activities regular like on line.

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
srt20 wrote:
Im waiting for our local Walmart to start the deal where you send them your shopping list, they get the items, and deliver it out to your car. Dont even have to get out.

Ours does. Daughter uses it all the time. She "shops" on her phone and gives a pick up time. She gets a confirmation that her order will be ready in a time window. She drives up and they put it in her car. She can order one potato or a dozen. If she doesn't like what they picked, they take it back. If they are out of an item they substitute a higher grade item at the cheap item price. She loves it esp when the kids are with her because she doesn't have to get them in/out of car seats.
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
mich800 wrote:
Bill.Satellite wrote:
2oldman wrote:
Belgique wrote:
..walk around the store, get your stuff, scan, pay from your phone, walk out the door. No lines. EVIL! ๐Ÿ™‚
LOL.

A few years ago IBM ran an ad showing this shady looking character putting stuff in his pockets then walking out of the store. A security guard stopped him and said "you forgot your receipt."

Wonder if we'll ever see that.

With the Sam's app you have to show the receipt that's on your phone at the checkout door just the same as a paper receipt.
As to the product in pockets, Amazon has already built a store with no check out. You just load your products in your shopping bag and walk out. You get charged for whatever you took.

Speaking of Sam's receipt check at exit. Is it just our store? They spot check an item on the receipt and look for it in the cart. Shouldn't it be the other way around.

They do do spot checks but mostly they are hoping to get an accurate item count. More often than not, that's all they really check.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Was that at "Ralph's Pretty Good Grocery" in Lake Woebegon?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
srt20 wrote:
Im waiting for our local Walmart to start the deal where you send them your shopping list, they get the items, and deliver it out to your car. Dont even have to get out.
I tried that at a Ralph's grocery in Indio CA. All went well until I got to the store.

I parked in the designated parking spot for that service, and called the number on the sign. I figured something was fishy when it said call, not text. It's the general number to the store, so it rang and rang and after 18 rings someone answered. Then, that person didn't know where to direct my call, so I ended up on hold for another 5 minutes.

They did a real good job up until the 5 yard line.. then, not so good.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe they could just handcuff everyone and check the thieves at the station.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
2oldman wrote:
Belgique wrote:
..walk around the store, get your stuff, scan, pay from your phone, walk out the door. No lines. EVIL! ๐Ÿ™‚
LOL.

A few years ago IBM ran an ad showing this shady looking character putting stuff in his pockets then walking out of the store. A security guard stopped him and said "you forgot your receipt."

With the Sam's app you have to show the receipt that's on your phone at the checkout door just the same as a paper receipt.
As to the product in pockets, Amazon has already built a store with no check out. You just load your products in your shopping bag and walk out. You get charged for whatever you took.

Speaking of Sam's receipt check at exit. Is it just our store? They spot check an item on the receipt and look for it in the cart. Shouldn't it be the other way around.

srt20
Explorer
Explorer

Maybe someday they will come to my house with the products and put them away too.....lol

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Amazon has already built a store with no check out. You just load your products in your shopping bag and walk out. You get charged for whatever you took.
Cool.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:
Belgique wrote:
LOL.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
Belgique wrote:
Wait until someone posts about the Walmart and Sams Scan and Go. You walk around the store, get your stuff, scan, pay from your phone, walk out the door. No lines. EVIL! ๐Ÿ™‚
I was in one of these Walmart stores recently. All the shopping carts had a holder to set your smartphone into. I don't know how they handle items that need to be weighed such as bananas.

I needed to pick up an online order. There was a giant vending machine as you walk into the store. You call up your order on your smartphone, scan the barcode, and it spits out your merchandise.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Belgique wrote:
LOL.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Belgique wrote:
Wait until someone posts about the Walmart and Sams Scan and Go. You walk around the store, get your stuff, scan, pay from your phone, walk out the door. No lines. EVIL! ๐Ÿ™‚

^^^^^^^^^^One of the greatest apps ever!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^