cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2005 Fleetwood discovery 4 slides

Rgtopda
Explorer
Explorer
There are four slides to this motorhome and I replaced the passenger side kitchen motor with little effort. however I cannot find the rear slide motor on the passenger side. I looked under the motorhome and I am at at loss as to where I can manually open the rear slide. this slide is not the one on the bed slide ?
RGTOPDA
(Jimmy Buffett Fan)
2003 Newmar Dutch star
36 ft. Gulf Breeze Fl.
15 REPLIES 15

Rgtopda
Explorer
Explorer
Happened to park next to a guy at Talladega and he had the exact coach. the Motor is under the wardrobe but the bottom kick plate has to be removed. It was not easy to get too but once access was made it was easy to replace
RGTOPDA
(Jimmy Buffett Fan)
2003 Newmar Dutch star
36 ft. Gulf Breeze Fl.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why haven't you called Fleetwood???

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Rgtopda
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks I will look this afternoon
RGTOPDA
(Jimmy Buffett Fan)
2003 Newmar Dutch star
36 ft. Gulf Breeze Fl.

Trigger_Happy
Explorer
Explorer
I found one in an outside compartment. Had to lay on my back and look up at top of compartment for a removable panel.
2012 Discovery 40X 380hp ISC.
Toad is a 2014 Jeep Wrangler JK

Rgtopda
Explorer
Explorer
Checked and there is no plate under dresser. Looked in closet and found a plate which gave access to the hot water heater. I am dumfounded as to how to find this slide motor unless I have to take out the dresser
RGTOPDA
(Jimmy Buffett Fan)
2003 Newmar Dutch star
36 ft. Gulf Breeze Fl.

Rgtopda
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks dougrainger I saw that plate but didnt take it off will check this weekend...thanks everyone
RGTOPDA
(Jimmy Buffett Fan)
2003 Newmar Dutch star
36 ft. Gulf Breeze Fl.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
On some slides in a wardrobe, you remove the Kick panel at the bottom inside of the base. usually this kick panel is carpeted and has just 4 or 5 screws holding it on and the motor will be behind that. When the room is extended, on the outside under the slide can you see a single gear track? IF SO, then the motor is located behind that kick panel. Doug

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
Rgtopda wrote:
Blackdiamond there is two slides in the rear. one in the bed is the bed slide, the other slide on the opposite wall is for the wardrobe. So are you saying both slide motors are in there under the bed
Sorry, no I'm not. Mine only had the bed slide (had the 39s, 3 sides), but I would look under the wardrobe floor for the other one, if possible.
03' Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
Enclosed Trailer hauling the toys
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater

Rgtopda
Explorer
Explorer
Blackdiamond there is two slides in the rear. one in the bed is the bed slide, the other slide on the opposite wall is for the wardrobe. So are you saying both slide motors are in there under the bed
RGTOPDA
(Jimmy Buffett Fan)
2003 Newmar Dutch star
36 ft. Gulf Breeze Fl.

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
It is in the bed cavity, you access it from under the bed, you have to take off the wood panel to see it. Not the easiest place to work, I had to replace the share pin on mine when I had a Discovery.
03' Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
Enclosed Trailer hauling the toys
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater

Rgtopda
Explorer
Explorer
I am a dummy it is a excursion. it is not the slide where the bed is,,it is the wardrobe slide. I have looked at the manual you posted but it is the opposite side and does not show where the motor is located, it is gear driven. no chain or hydraulic. Sorry I left out so much info. someone stated it was down in the luggage area but did not see it....The other three slides are a piece of cake.
RGTOPDA
(Jimmy Buffett Fan)
2003 Newmar Dutch star
36 ft. Gulf Breeze Fl.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Is it a Scwintech system?
If so then it's in the wall.

mccsix
Explorer
Explorer
Probably under a double floor under the bed.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Call Fleetwood at 800/322-8216 and ask them. They'll want the FIN number on the just to the rear of the drivers seat.

Four slides on an 05 Discovery, haven't seen one of those yet.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.