cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replace dinette foam

dennych1
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to order foam from the foam factory not sure to go with hd36 which says medium firmness or lux which is firm to extra firm. Has anybody gone through this
Thanks
Dennis
9 REPLIES 9

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
I forgot the vendor I used when I replaced my dinette cushion foam a few years ago. I had the same concern and ordered the extra firm foam. It was Ok and if anything less firm than I wanted.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I saw this thread a while back and decided I really needed new foam for my dinette. I ordered from the Foam Factory as others here did, just clicked on seats and cushions and followed the instructions.

I got the Lux Foam - High Quality WITH DACRON WRAP,WOW what a difference,firm butt very comfortable!

I followed the measuring guide and the fit was perfect.

One of my best up-grades I have made.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

dennych1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys I ordered the Lux high quality

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
I did it twice so you don't have to. I put a layer of 36 on top and a layer of lux on the bottom. It wasn't firm enough so I did it over with all lux. It always gets a little softer from use so if it feels too firm at first, it will soften up some. I think I used their high quality stuff to get a longer life out of it. Cheapest way to buy it is to order it in a mattress size and then cut it to the dimensions you need. An electric carving knife is amazingly great for this task. Walmart has one that's less than $20.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
dennych1 wrote:
Is the lux very hard

It's firm but with enough give that it's comfortable.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
I got my foam from a local furniture factory. I used the firmest they had and believe that you canโ€™t get foam that is too firm.

dennych1
Explorer
Explorer
Is the lux very hard

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
We also went with Lux-High Quality. As ependydad said MEASURE !!. Great upgrade for my big butt on our dinette.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
For my dinette cushions, we went with:

> Mattress or Cushion, Lux Foam - High Quality WITH DACRON WRAP

Just make sure you measure as they instruct you to. I didn't and split a seam trying to get one zipped closed.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page