cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Statement confirmation

hipower
Explorer
Explorer
I've been traveling quite a bit for the past year and out of the loop because of that. I recently ran across several mentions that Marcus Lemonis made a statement that 'Anyone who supported Trump for President should not shop in his Camping World Stores'.

As a retired business owner I find this extremely difficult to believe. It is beyond my comprehension that any business owner could or would risk chasing away potentially 50% of their customers. In today's business environment it is difficult to believe that anyone would consciously chase away any potential or existing customer.

Could you confirm or deny that this information floating around in various RVing circles and on the internet is based on something actually said my our host and sponsor business?
7 REPLIES 7

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
And their service/warranty work that sucks!
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
DavidP wrote:
Having nothing to do with political persuasion I stopped shopping at CW long ago. Inventory stinks, prices are not great and their stores are a mess.

And add that their customer service is non-existent!

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Bottom line is, Marcus "The Profit" should stay out of other people's businesses and politics and get his own stores sorted out.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
YAWN.....

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

DavidP
Explorer
Explorer
Having nothing to do with political persuasion I stopped shopping at CW long ago. Inventory stinks, prices are not great and their stores are a mess.

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
He did, it was some pandering on his part to the Television types, followed by a lot of back pedaling off the air where it would not be too noticeable to "his people". The only real message was that the pandering was eventually offered in all possible directions.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, this is true, it's old news. There was some pretty bitter arguing about this on these forums when this happened, and these forums lost some of it's members. Ever since, the activity on these forums has diminished (so it seems), but it could be, because of the winter slow down too (which is a normal annual happening here.)

But yes, it's true. However, nothing more was said after that. I think the damage is already done and the dust has settled. It's good to leave sleeping dogs lay now.

If your world has not been impacted by this, then it probably never will either.