cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Happy Jack Bed ???

SMarquez
Explorer
Explorer
Does the bed need to be lowered completely to sleep on it? I will be one night on the road and don't want to unload to sleep.
9 REPLIES 9

SMarquez
Explorer
Explorer
randy328 wrote:
From the Happijac manual:
"...the bed(s) can be stopped and used at any desired height. Once the control switch is released, the brake sets securing the bed(s) in that position."

Very cool, thanks. I thought I would be sleeping outside the track and wanted to lower the bed to just about my fender. I ended up getting in so didn't have to go through that. Good to know for next time, thanks.

bpadamson
Explorer
Explorer
ependydad wrote:
Right now for the last 2 or 3 weeks, ours has been about 2/3rd of the way in the up position and the kids have been sleeping on it like that. I have our taller ladder attached with a c-clamp and strap.

I (300 lbs.) go up there to make the beds for the kids.

Hasn't been an issue for us.

Doug, is that weight with heavy work boots on, or slippers? ๐Ÿ™‚

-brent
2013 Ford F250 4X4 6.2gasser--- 4.30 gears, SCT Flash chip, improved tires, airbags; intake and exhaust opened up a bit.
9.5-year-old Forest River 295 WP Toy Hauler
B&W slider hitch

randy328
Explorer
Explorer
From the Happijac manual:
"...the bed(s) can be stopped and used at any desired height. Once the control switch is released, the brake sets securing the bed(s) in that position."
KZ MXT2920, Ford F250 4dr long bed
Bunch of Motorcycles - Track Instruction and Race
German Shepherd "Qorkey"

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
We have 2 happijac beds in the back, so the top one is never all the way down and it works fine. In our old hauler, the rear bed only came down half way in general.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Right now for the last 2 or 3 weeks, ours has been about 2/3rd of the way in the up position and the kids have been sleeping on it like that. I have our taller ladder attached with a c-clamp and strap.

I (300 lbs.) go up there to make the beds for the kids.

Hasn't been an issue for us.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
joebedford wrote:
Put the safety pins in and it will stay in any position you want.

Not if there are no holes for the safety pins. I have had 2 rigs now with Happi Jak beds and it only pins I the up travel position

One could easily drill some more holes to pin where you want or add the stops that the wall channels should be pre drilled for.
2015 Ram 3500 Dually
Sundowner 2286GM Pro-Grade Toyhauler

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Put the safety pins in and it will stay in any position you want.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
You might try repositioning the metal tabs the frame rests on.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

bpadamson
Explorer
Explorer
It should, the brakes are applied when the motor is off. Mine says to travel with it up as well.
2013 Ford F250 4X4 6.2gasser--- 4.30 gears, SCT Flash chip, improved tires, airbags; intake and exhaust opened up a bit.
9.5-year-old Forest River 295 WP Toy Hauler
B&W slider hitch