cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

G P S

Busdriver
Explorer
Explorer
We all talk about which gps is the best for RV wonder what unit most truckers use?

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS
4 REPLIES 4

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Busdriver wrote:
We all talk about which gps is the best for RV wonder what unit most truckers use?

I am not sure that's relevant as you do not want to use a trucker GPS in your RV. It will route you around good roads that allow RV's but prohibit truckers.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

scrubjaysnest
Explorer
Explorer
The truckers I know won't use them.
Axis 24.1 class A 500watts solar TS-45CC Trimetric
Very noisy generator :M
2016 Wrangler JK dinghy
โ€œThey who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.โ€ Benjamin Franklin

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
The best unit for a trucker may not be the best unit for an RV'er. I had one of the supposed RV/Truck GPS's when they first came out. It was a real pain because it wouldn't allow you to plan a route that included any "Not for Truck" streets or roads. It would constantly try to route you on only Truck Routes. I ended up using it in Car mode.

I would certainly make sure that the GPS would be RV friendly, and not just for Truck use.

x2 Had a truck GPS and it took me out of my way to stay on trucker routes, my Garmin 660 RV GPS has worked great for years
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
The best unit for a trucker may not be the best unit for an RV'er. I had one of the supposed RV/Truck GPS's when they first came out. It was a real pain because it wouldn't allow you to plan a route that included any "Not for Truck" streets or roads. It would constantly try to route you on only Truck Routes. I ended up using it in Car mode.

I would certainly make sure that the GPS would be RV friendly, and not just for Truck use.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"