cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sharp Microwave

want-a-be
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Sharp Microwave Model R1874-T. Went to turn it on and it acted like a internal fuse may have blowed. My question is how to get to the fuse?
Thanks for all comments
5 REPLIES 5

want-a-be
Explorer
Explorer
I found the fuse and didnโ€™t even have to remove the unit!
Thanks for the help.

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
I can usually find service manuals on the internet by doing a Google search using the make and model number. Sometimes you'll find videos on Youtube that will help.

The microwave at work stopped working due to a bad door lock safety switch.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Do be careful poking around inside a microwave. Electrically speaking, they are arguably the most dangerous common appliance to work on; the magnetron supply produces a couple thousand volts at a significant current level (maybe a half an amp), a potentially lethal combination, and can store a charge even when power is removed. Usually they are designed with bleeder resistors to dissipate that charge, but if the oven may be broken it's no guarantee that that isn't a broken part.

One common cause of a blown fuse in a microwave is a dirty or misaligned door switch (which forms part of a safety interlock system). There are generally two sets of contacts for the door switch: one, which operates first, signals the control board to shut off the microwave. The second set acts to cause the fuse to blow if the magnetron is energized in case the first set or the control board failed to shut off the microwaves. (Another common cause is a failure of the high voltage power supply or the magnetron. Very occasionally it may be due simply to age and nothing more.)

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Do s search with the model number on Youtube for changing the fuse..has worked for me with changing the turntable motor and the door latch.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pull it and take the front apart. Your sure that you have 110 volts at the plug.