cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Back up camera no signal

Fleetwood_Coupl
Explorer
Explorer
Having a signal loss on display. Worked fine when i parked 6 weeks later nothing. Check conections inside coach. Guess the next step will be looking at the camera itself any ideas? Posting pics with info.
2006 Fleetwood Expedition 38n
300 Cat Engine (MP-8 Performance Module)
Retired US Navy SCPO
6 REPLIES 6

Fleetwood_Coupl
Explorer
Explorer
Found the problem, it was a rodent that chewed the cable in half. Which i could post the pics i took. I found turds on top of the engine batteries aperantly that was a nice warm place to hang out. I am so thankful that was all that it chewed. As a note is was the only thing not inside the plastic wire loom, glad i had my soldering gun on board, was able to remove the damage section and soldier the 7 small wire back together. Checks good. Side note removing the cable enough to repair and getting it routed back though the same area was the hardest part.
Retired US Navy SCPO

wborst
Explorer
Explorer
On my coach, I have a Panasonic monitor. If I disconnect the battery cables, the monitor loses some of its settings. One of those settings is the video source input. I have done this twice. Each time I feared a problem had developed with my camera system. After searching high and low for a loose or poor connection, I discovered that this parameter was not properly set.:S I think I will remember next time I disconnect the battery.
Brenda, Bill
Our little dog Madison has crossed the Rainbow Bridge
2003 Newmar Mountain Aire 40ft. Spartan chassis
400 hp Cummins ISL

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
Mine had problems and found the power connections at the camera end were poor. I fianally replaced the camera to solve the problem. I found it on Amazon and it matched the original camera and was very reasonable priced.

MrWizard
Note fyi.... Photo bucket links no longer work, unless you go to PB pay plan
PB changed their operation policy last year
There was a big thread on these forums all about it
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
On your camera you will have a pigtail that has a connector to the long cable going to the front of your coach.
At the back of the monitor is the next connection. The first thing I would do is to make sure that all of the cables are plugged in and that the connections are secure.
After that I would check underneath to see if possibly rodents may have chewed on some of the wiring.

Fleetwood_Coupl
Explorer
Explorer
Update: pulled the camera out didnt notice anything odd.
[img][/img]
Retired US Navy SCPO