Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Four Dollar Per Gallon Gasoline & Diesel Has Arrived

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
  • Posted to avoid pump sticker shock
  • Magna is a tiny bit lower and Premium and Diesel a bit more than a dollar per liter
  • Always up NEVER down, in pesos, in the 54 years I have been buying fuel here
  • The favored presidential representative claims he is going to lower the price of fuel
  • But that will be at the end of the year
  • Very possible to see $4.50 - $4.80 gallon fuel because Mexican prices are tracking USA bubbles albeit at a higher level
  • This hammers the price of consumer goods and transportation so hold onto your shorts
  • Virtually everything I see down here has been inching upward weekly
  • I can afford it on Social Security and poor people cannot
  • The USA is fracking so much oil they are EXPORTING IT TO CHINA yet the prices are surging
  • And USA oil companies are blaming it on OPEC
  • I spend my money with small family businesses
  • It's going to be one hard year
  • Be generous with tips
58 REPLIES 58

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
time2roll wrote:
Keep pumping and keep the price high or you are doomed to start the spiral of Venezuela.

My thoughts exactly.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
“The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Keep pumping and keep the price high or you are doomed to start the spiral of Venezuela.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
GAHHHHHHHH

For the life of me I cannot see why Mexicanos fell head over teakettle for Mostaza French.

AMLO has softened his promises about the price of fuel. Time to suck it up and tighten the belt.

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Hey MEXICOWANDERER does your Bentley have Grey Pupon?

Just asking!

navegator

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Care to calculate the fuel and tolls for a circumnavigation of Mexico's coasts? This was a very popular route at one time.

Divide miles by 6, (mpg) then multiply times four (dollars).

I'd do it here, but Miles has brought the Bentley round and I have to depart...

thomas201
Explorer
Explorer
With the risk of the moderator killing the thread for me knocking it off the rails, no one has show fracturing to cause earthquakes. Meaning turning them on, then off and predicting when quakes would start based on restarting fracturing.

However, fluid injection has been show to create quakes. Evans, 1966 The Denver Area Earthquakes and the Rocky Mountain Arsenal Disposal Well (Our government was injecting waste water from weapons) and Raleigh, 1976 An Experiment in Earthquake Control (Oilfield waterflood). Both demonstrated cause and effect with long term fluid injections. They could even predict when quakes would restart, based on restarting fluid injection. As best I know, even in Oklahoma, where injection wells are blamed for the quakes, no one has done a controlled study to establish the link. Although I think the oil and gas industry should consider not injecting into the Arbuckle formation.

So what I am saying, is that fracturing does not cause the quakes, but long term fluid injection can in the right (wrong) formations. It is common to inject all oilfield waste water into wells. Other types of disposal wells can have the same effect. Also, in the US it is not normal to inject into fractured disposal wells. Your permit usually should require that fluid pressure in the well never exceed fracturing (parting) pressure.

Also note how old and moldy those papers are. Very few people in the press or the Petroleum industry are even aware of the work by Evans, Raleigh et. al. All that is old, shall be new again. Or is that those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
US petroleum cycle used to be closed loop from the well to the smoke out the tailpipe, then supply and demand ruled the roost.

Burgeoning China relied on exclusive use of coal for energy production.

Until people started dying and rice fields went fallow

China is starving for finished products and guess who is all too eager to sell it to them for an inflated price.

When JW Sheehan manager refineries visited the Martinez Oil refinery of Shell they toured the plant in a group.

"Say J.W. wasn't that something when the ******** eliminated the Oil Depletion Allowance?"

"They have not got a clue as to the power we wield. We control the supply and the product. This refinery is going to have maintenance issues shortly"

He wasn't joking. I was standing alongside the gargantuan electric compressor motor in the Alkalation Plant and remained unseen.

West Texas near Laredo a couple months later. Talking to a rancher kicking back on his porch and the cricket pumps were immobile

"Are all your wells dry?"

"Sonny they got me pinched back so tight it isn't funny"

A friend worked on the crude dock

"They're "****** about demurrage"

Tankers at anchor in San Pablo Bay high on the Plimsoll numbers

The Great Arab Oil Embargo.

Seeing it with your own eyes and hearing it with your own ears sorta takes the bloom of the rose...

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Fracking has been going on in Nuevo Leon and Tamaulipas for years now. We hadn't had earthquakes since the 1870s. Then fracking came along and has caused tremors with magnitudes of 3 to 4 on the scale and has damaged homes from Ciudad Victoria to my area; Linares, Montemorelos, General Teran and China.

Fracking Abuse In Nuevo Leon

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
The US exports gasoline to other countries for the first time in awhile. Keep in mind that many of Trump's cronies in his government come from the oil business.

In Nevada diesel is around $3 a gallon.
As Trump continues to do away with fleet mileage requirements, economics will drive the market place. Around $4 a gallon or $4.50 people start to become much more conscious of how much fuel they use.

thomas201
Explorer
Explorer
Well on the back pages I should be safe, I am a retired Petroleum Engineer, and I will attempt to explain the oil price cycle.

Oil prices increase, oil companies lease land, add staff, borrow money and drill wells. As production increases, it eventually equals demand. Prices then start down, since you have a lag time between drilling and production, you soon have more oil than needed and prices crash. To preserve leases and with the belief that the crash is short term, drilling continues.

This makes the prices go down more. This drives companies to the brink and some into bankruptcy. They quit drilling and lay off people. Oil companies give up. With the natural decline of wells, and the increased demand (Ford stops building cars, to build gas hogs) since gas prices are low, production and demand equalize. Then, demand exceeds production, prices go up and the process repeats.

I went through this 3 times in my career, the old timers (all dead now) said it was the same for them. My Dad said "the bigger the boom, the bigger the bust". This time might be different (I hope). In the past we depended on government oil companies (Aramco) and offshore to scale up. Multi year lead times. Now with shale oil, I can drill a well in one month, then complete it a month later (let the cement reach its max compressive strength). Production follows quickly, only a short clean up needed. The cycles have been about 10 years.

Hydraulic fracturing has been going on since the end of WWII. We bought surplus Allison engines and finally had the horsepower to fracture. Almost all wells are fractured (damage, frac and pack, or production enhancement). If we damaged water wells as often as people say, we would be sued out of existence. The current fracs are simple and small, compared to the Cotton Valley in the late 1970's. Millions of pounds of sand, at 15,000 to 20,000 psi in single stages. Nothing like that right now.

There you go, gas prices explained.

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
I know there is fracking in Mexico it is a pun intended, do not drink the water drink the beer!

navegator

DRTDEVL
Explorer
Explorer
navegator wrote:
There is no fracking going on in Mexico, so you do not have to worry about the ground water, in any case one drinks beer in Mexico occasionally with a Tequila chaser, so that takes care of that and yes a near liter of gasolina is close to $20.00 pesos depending on who sells.

Really? No fracking in Mexico?

"Fracking is quietly expanding in Mexico, unregulated and shrouded in opacity, according to the non-governmental Cartocrítica, which says at least 924 wells have been drilled in six of the country’s 32 states – including 349 in Veracruz."

http://www.ipsnews.net/2015/06/fracking-expands-under-the-radar-on-mexican-lands/
Resurrecting an inherited 1980 Minnie Winnie 20RG from the dead after sitting since 1998..

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Send the effluent to a tinaca or aljibe. One thing about O3 if sealed up it will keep water sterile for over a year. The nearest agua purificada to us is a 30 mile round trip and no they do not deliver. Plant price 9.5 pesos 19 liters. Price at the little tienda 17 pesos. With the hardness of the water it is impossible to maintain a boiler for longer than three years. So hard the valve to the aljibe clogged solid with rock hard deposits blocking the flow of water. My village system came with sixty plus cartridges and a dozen pre-filters. The same ketch that supplied Quicksilver's teak. The main issue is absolutely no chlorine. So when the pueblo is delivering five hours of water every second day the R/O and sterilizer go active. The UV system passes 1/2 the GPH as required. Hopefully will kill more pathogens. Brenda does a final rinse in R/O water and it is a miracle for making clothes feel softer. Each load of water goes into the garden. My effluent is split between my garden and the long line of coconut palms. Extra from the kitchen went out the window onto the forty year old limon tree. Shower water to the 2 Haden mangos and black water to near the parota tree that sees to thrive. I also compost in a 60 or so gallon carbuoy. I am getting so weak I had a ships wheel built to revolve it. The hens contribute. It gets shaded by a tarp from noon till sundown. After a month, pitch black loam.

The fine-tuning of personal logistics is an art form. Like me spending hours on English websites. I often do not speak English for many months at a time. The last time to the doctor in the USA, the waitress who brought the coffee to Eduardo and I blurted "Senor, Spanish is easier for you". Eduardo, howled and banged his fist on the table. It really is embarrassing.

Talleyho69
We discussed going that route in Zihuatanejo, but we have water issues-there often isn't enough. So, the waste involved in the process isn't something we can justify. We were told by several sources that for each gallon of "good" water, 3 are wasted. Yes, we could plumb to use some of it outdoors, but would rather just have the jugs delivered.