cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to buy Trojan T-105 AGM’s

Rail_Dawg
Explorer
Explorer
Would most golf cart places be able to order Trojan T-105 AGM’s?

I assume buying them online is expensive due to shipping?

Any suggestions I’m listening.
Flagstaff 228BHSE

Gold prospecting in Northern Nevada!
20 REPLIES 20

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
Eric&Lisa wrote:
SoundGuy wrote:
Eric&Lisa wrote:
Oh, and water the battery every season. Just do it.

Read what the OP actually posted and you'll see he's looking for Trojan T-105 AGM batts - NO watering an AGM. :R

Good catch. Here is a re-write to ensure no one else is confused:

"Oh, and perform regular maintenance on the battery as required by the battery type. My first Trojan wet cell battery made it a full decade before I decided to proactively replace it. Absorbed Glass Mat batteries do not require watering, but do have different maintenance requirements for long life. I encourage you to consider the RV battery as an investment and take care of it accordingly, especially when buying a premium brand like Trojan."

Way I understand, is Eric and Lisa are only trying to share why a wet cell battery is better than AGM. Simply that you can maintain it. That is good reason for try helping the OP and I respect their willingness to care and share.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
SoundGuy wrote:
Eric&Lisa wrote:

Read what the OP actually posted and you'll see he's looking for Trojan T-105 AGM batts - NO watering an AGM. :R

Add a tablespoon of mineral oil to each cell of a normal battery and you won’t have to add water to it either.

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
Buy Crown.
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

westend
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Perhaps the OP is asking for suggestions on getting AGM batteries, not wet ones.

GCs should start using AGMs. I've seen some pretty horrific looking batteries, wiring and corroded compartments on acid carts. They bounce around a lot and perhaps get overcharged.
Or, more likely, an untrained cart jockey overfills the batteries. I caught two of them filling batteries with a garden hose just feet from the Clubhouse Locker Room entrance. I never did inspect the carpet inside the Clubhouse but I bet it wore pretty fast after tracking acid on it. It was just one of a hnadful of times that I lost my cool at that Golf Course.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
JoeH wrote:
I recently bought 8 Duracell AGM CG-2's for replacement house batteries at Sam's Club.

Not available at my club ! No mention of shipping them in. Bummer !!

Eric_Lisa
Explorer II
Explorer II
SoundGuy wrote:
Eric&Lisa wrote:

Good catch. Here is a re-write to ensure no one else is confused:

"Oh, and perform regular maintenance on the battery as required by the battery type. My first Trojan wet cell battery made it a full decade before I decided to proactively replace it. Absorbed Glass Mat batteries do not require watering, but do have different maintenance requirements for long life. I encourage you to consider the RV battery as an investment and take care of it accordingly, especially when buying a premium brand like Trojan."
Eric & Lisa - Oregon
'97 Silverado K2500, New HT383 motor!, Airbags, anti-sway bar
'03 Lance model 1030, generator, solar,

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
I'm glad AGM type batteries came on the market. It helps the wet cell prices from the lower demand on them.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Perhaps the OP is asking for suggestions on getting AGM batteries, not wet ones.

GCs should start using AGMs. I've seen some pretty horrific looking batteries, wiring and corroded compartments on acid carts. They bounce around a lot and perhaps get overcharged.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
I recently bought 8 Duracell AGM CG-2's for replacement house batteries at Sam's Club. They are the same size as T-105's
They are made in the USA by East Penn. They were under $170 each , which if I remember correctly is over $100 less than the Trojan .
Just another option to consider
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
If you aren't stuck on getting Trojans, you can get Interstate CG2s just about anywhere.

I've seen T105s advertised on hand made signs in Florida for $87. I wouldn't touch that.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Eric&Lisa wrote:

2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Golf cart suppliers and distributors are going to have the lowest prices but don't expect white-glove customer service. Your two x battery order is a drip in a large bucket to someone that supplies fleets of carts.
Good luck with the battery order.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Eric_Lisa
Explorer II
Explorer II
db7512 wrote:
Look for a "Master Distributor" like "Battery Outfitters". I found the best price in Arkansas from them.They also sell blems.

+1 Here in Portland, OR it turns out all the battery shops get their Trojan batteries from the same business. Once you figure out who that is, go deal with them. You may not get any better of a deal, but you will likely get a fresher battery.

Oh, and water the battery every season. Just do it. My first Trojan lasted a decade and I only replaced it because it was a decade old and I like being proactive, not because it gave me any problems.

-Eric
Eric & Lisa - Oregon
'97 Silverado K2500, New HT383 motor!, Airbags, anti-sway bar
'03 Lance model 1030, generator, solar,

db7512
Explorer
Explorer
Look for a "Master Distributor" like "Battery Outfitters". I found the best price in Arkansas from them.They also sell blems.
2016 Newmar Ventana
2016 Ford Edge