Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trailair Rota-flex vs. Flex Air???

bowler1
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,
This is a followup to my post about which air hitch you recommend.

I have narrowed my search to the above models made by Lippert due to the fact that using another brand pin box may void the warranty on my Lippert frame. So....I would rather not take my chances with that and will limit myself to Lippert products (eventhough I don't agree with their policy on this).

My options are the Rota-flex which is a lot like the Morryde, or the flex air. The Rota-flex is about $500 and the Flex Air is about $1000.

I can find lots of reviews online for the Flex Air, but not a lot for the Rota-flex.

Any opinions on this? Is the Flex Air worth it for twice the price?

thanks

Matt
2 REPLIES 2

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Works as advertised, about a year with it so far
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTR4qFPa6P0
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
Well I put the roto-flex on another toy hauler I had and it made a big difference. My current hauler has one from the factory but I'm thinking maybe about going to the flex-air for a little more cush. The reason being is that I use the engine brake and when the engine downshifts its a bit harsh and I'm thinking with the flex-air it will take some of the harshness out of the engine braking when its downshifting.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP