cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Protecting graphics with 303?

Cougarnewbie
Explorer
Explorer
We have a brand new Cedar Creek. We want to keep the decals looking new. 303 is a UV blocker for tires with no petroleum distillates. I'm thinking about wiping down the decals after washing with 303. Would seem lots easier than keeping up with waxing. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Al
May All Your On Ramps be Downhill
12 REPLIES 12

CC-skipjack
Explorer
Explorer
I used to use 303 on my tonneau cover and black plactic truck trim but noticed after a rain it was streaking down onto my truck body. Rain seemed to wash it of relatively easy. I do believe it does a good job, it just needs re-application often.
Charlie K
CC-skipjack

2000 Cedar Creek 30RL / 2001 GMC 2500HD

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
No question, most decal material on RVs is cheap junk. People don't want to pay the price for top quality marine grade material so they get what they pay for. Products like 303, used frequently, will extend the life of the cheap junk. Products like 303 will also extend the life of top quality marine material.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone ever used Rejex?

I have two 16oz bottles and was planning on using it to help protect our new 5th wheel. But I'm not sure it has any UV protection in it

Can I put the 303 on the graphics and then topcoat with the Rejex?

Thanks!

Dave
2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
OP here is the deal on decals.

UV chemicals are very expensive so therefor decals with lots of UV protection built in are very expensive. Lower price point trailers will use decals that are cheap and have very little UV protection and will fail early on no matter what top coating you use on them.

People that say they use brand X protectant on their decals and they look like new mean nothing. I have never used anything on my 11 yo trailer and the decals look like new. Why? Because Artic Fox uses top notch decals on their trailers with tons of UV protection built in.

Now, with all that said, does top coating with something like 303 help protect decals? Sure! The problem is the stuff degrades and washes off so you will have to top coat often to do any good. And I do mean often!

So you have to ask yourself do you really want to go out every month and coat all the decals on your trailer year after year after year. That's up to you but I know what my answer is.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
I used 303 on the stainless steel basement doors on the Sahara and they never looked better. This was taken after sitting in the storage yard all winter.

Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
303 did not help our decals at all. They are not crumbling but at almost 7 years old, they are faded and not nice looking. We still use it but it does not help.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer
Explorer
FYI, the manufacturer recommends reapplying every 3-5 weeks.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
303 is good stuff. Use it on decals, slide weather seals, all exterior plastic & the epdm roof.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

FLY_4_FUN
Explorer
Explorer
I think aerospace 303 is likely the best product for decals, tires and vinyl trim on rv's and vehicles. Not cheap, but the uv inhibitors do a great job protecting stuff. Since I discovered it I gave away all my Armor all protectant.
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 crew SB 4x4 CTD 3.73
2015 Brookstone 315RL
2009 Colorado 29BHS (sold 2015)
05 Jayflight 29BHS (sold 2008)
99 Jayco Eagle 12SO (sold 2005)

12th_Man_Fan
Explorer
Explorer
On my last RV a 2005 model I used the 303 on all decals and when I traded it in in 2016 the decals still looked new.

I must say though I think the decals on that RV were much thicker than the ones on my new RV but I am using the 303 on the decals on it also.
2014 GMC Duramax 4X4 DRW Crew

2015 DRV Tradition

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wash 1st, then wax, followed by 303 on the graphics and misc. plastic trim and metal parts. Depending on exposure to sun, you may want to put the 303 on several times a season. I use synthetic marine wax because it's designed for a harsh marine environment but everyone has their favorite. Gotta keep up with waxing, esp. for a fiberglass sided RV. It's a chore for sure, but well worth it.

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
I recall a post where someone had done the same. He noticed that the 303 brightened up the surrounding fiberglass due to spill over. Sounds like a careful job would be necessary.

I used the stuff on my WeatherTech floor mats. It brought them back to looking new but, wow, are they slick. Maybe not the perfect stuff for every situation.