cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Onan Energy Command 30 not going into auto start mode

Freightguy
Explorer
Explorer
So I am on a trip and noticed I cant put my genset into auto start mode. Genset works fine. TO go into auto start mode you are to push the auto start button then the enter button. When I push auto star I get displayed "ignition on & off" which the owners manual says means there is a problem with that safety input.

Now this feature worked fine a little bit ago, the only thing that has chagned is I got new house batteries. I have been looking at the house batteries thinking I may have placed the house battery sensor wire in the worng spot. Problem is I dont know which wire is the right one. I have two telephone style wires connecting to negative termianls on my house batteries. Now all wires were marked according to their respective terminals before the battery swap.

I am hoping someone may have had this issue (whether it relates to the house batteries or not) and may have a simple answer.

Thanks,
2009 American Tradition 42P
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimted
5 REPLIES 5

Freightguy
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
Does the creator of your management system have a troubleshooting guide? Like a telephone number?

Yes they do.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Does the creator of your management system have a troubleshooting guide? Like a telephone number?

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Any luck with it?
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Freightguy
Explorer
Explorer
MDKMDK wrote:
Found this thread out there in cyber land...maybe?
Click here...

Wow I had done a lot of searching but did not find this. This may be something. I did push the button for auto start and got the message of the safety, on & off and I did cycle the key 3 times letting it go about 20 seconds each time and letting the wait to start to go out. But no change. the post does the "the first time the AUTO GEN is pressed". So I am wondering if I need to shut the batteires off and then turn them back on, then the "first time" I call for auto gen, do the key thing. Or I have a failure in the safety.

Traveling now, will report back when I have the solution....

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Found this thread out there in cyber land...maybe?
Click here...
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)