cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2010 Coleman Yuma water heater removal

rightlaneonly
Explorer
Explorer
HI, we just purchased a 2010 Coleman Yuma tent trailer and have no need for the water heater. Has anyone ever removed one and if so,how did you cap off the water supply lines and the gas line?
Lee & Jane
Ford died once to often.
Replaced with 2019 GMC Canyon
Aliner, soon to be gone.
12 REPLIES 12

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
Found this review on RV.WEB, they seem to enjoy the offgrid appeal and full features of the pup.

"Bought this trailer in 2011. Was a hold over from 2010 Never was outside. was a showroom demo. love it. I have a 2 wd toyota tacoma with a 4 cyl. that pulls it easily. snap to set up and use. Beats a ground tent .Have gone through some serious rain storms without a problem. the grand children love it. Have camped on and off grid, both not having electrical problems. prefer off grid. With fridge and hot water, running off propane, and battery for the lights. Did buy a 30 watt battery charger,for when camping off grid, longer then a weekend. No problems at all."
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
How big is this Coleman Desitiny? My pup is 12 foot box with slideout and front truck. Nineteen feet rolling and 26 feet plus open. Room for 6 to sleep and water heater is in the front storage trunk. Clothes are stored on a collapsable cabelas dresser and suspension rod shelves handles bulk food and towels. Cooking gear and essentials are in a chuckbox. No radical ripping out a needed water heater nor lessoning the resale value of said unit was required.

rightlaneonly
Explorer
Explorer
Well I did it, the water heater is gone and yes the hole in the trailer is patched, you.d never know the water heater wasn't there from the outside. Its amazing how much storage I gained by taking the WH out. I'm onto other projects now such as hinged counter tops to gain more storage under them. Don't know how to post pictures or I would. Maybe I'll figure it out somsday
Lee & Jane
Ford died once to often.
Aliner, soon to be gone.

b_rharmon
Explorer
Explorer
In addition to capping the lines, cover the hole in the wall to keep the road dirt and such out.
Bill DH
Renee DW
Bumper & Willie (furkids)
2002 F250 4X4 V10 W/Tow Option
2002 Coleman Seapine

rightlaneonly
Explorer
Explorer
patperry2766 wrote:
I'd advise against removing it just yet. Since you're new to pop-ups, after you use it for a couple of years, you might decide that you don't like how much of a PITA it is to pop it open/closed every time you want to use it and want to sell it.

The 2 campers that you have owned aren't anywhere near the same set up wise as the pop-up

For sure they are not the same, the tent trailer is a lot more work than the Aliner ever was but so much more room:D
We pulled the Aliner for 13 years and covered a lot of the USA with no water heater at all. Worked for us/ I appreciate all the answers and advice. I'm gonna pull the water heater this week and have the material to "patch" the hole in the side of the trailer.
I suppose as said, "in a couple of years" I'll be looking to sale a water heater-less pop up on here:R
Thanks again.
A side note, over time, I pulled the stove, sink and furnace out of the Aliner and sold it last week for asking price in 4 days.
Thanks again for all the replies. Happy camping
Lee
Lee & Jane
Ford died once to often.
Aliner, soon to be gone.

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
I recommend leaving intact. It also stores 6 gallons extra of water. Why would you not want a hot shower while boondocking. I hate cold showers and de-ticking.

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
I'd advise against removing it just yet. Since you're new to pop-ups, after you use it for a couple of years, you might decide that you don't like how much of a PITA it is to pop it open/closed every time you want to use it and want to sell it.

The 2 campers that you have owned aren't anywhere near the same set up wise as the pop-up
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

rightlaneonly
Explorer
Explorer
Want the storage space the heater takes up, not concerned with weight or resale.We keep the trailers a long time. Our pull trailer we kept 15 years and now the little Aliner we've had for 13.
Lee & Jane
Ford died once to often.
Aliner, soon to be gone.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
why remove it? some day you might want to sell this rv. empty it only weighs a few #,s

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Plug hot/cold lines using 1/2" PVC Plugs

Propane line......3/8" flared gas plug

OR.........just don't use water heater.

Not going to gain much by removal
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œand have no need for the water heater.โ€

OK...hmmm... Why not just leave it installed?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad