cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Warning - Perry GA Wally

yr2017
Explorer
Explorer
The Perry, GA Wally World hired Buckheard Parking Enforcement to patrol and boot any semis parked in their lot. I was there shortly after this edict went into effect, and there were no signs posted. The fine to remove the boot is $500 or pay the towing charges which can be several thousands of dollars. Several class A's were parked alongside the semis, and don't know if anyone was booted.

http://hhjonline.com/perry-walmart-hires-parking-enforcement-p11158-90.htm
Big AL
DOD - 02 APR 2020 - CANCER
15 REPLIES 15

troubledwaters
Explorer II
Explorer II
DiskDoctr wrote:
...IMHO, unless egregious behavior, a warning and ability to drive away would be required. It certainly IS REQUIRED for a tow in most states....
I Don't know what you mean by egregious, but I'd be willing to bet almost every big city in every state has "tow away zones". You park there and you will be towed, no such thing as a warning. I know there are lots of private parking lots in Detroit that you willed be towed if you park in them. The towing company monitors them, they're a cash cow. You can even call the number and they will give you a free ride to pick up your vehicle, after you pay the towing fee of course. (They don't take credit cards, cash only). Didn't see the sign? I guess you will look more closely next time.

yr2017
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
JaxDad wrote:
Itโ€™s very clearly aimed at transport trucks, NOT RVโ€™s.

Maybe the truck crowd was attracting the ladies who work the night shift?

That's not the reason. Perry PD won't go onto private property to evict a truck or an rv for that matter. Perry has no reg regarding private property parking. There is an RV park less than 1/2 mi from the store. And, two truck stops 2-5mi away.

They leave urine filled water bottles. But that's not the worst of it. My neighbor said he watched an rv offload into the storm drain. He call first the PD, but got bumped to the State. By the time the Troopers arrived they were gone. He did give them the plate numbers.
Big AL
DOD - 02 APR 2020 - CANCER

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
JaxDad wrote:

Maybe the truck crowd was attracting the ladies who work the night shift?

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
yr2017 wrote:
The Perry, GA Wally World hired Buckheard Parking Enforcement to patrol and boot any semis parked in their lot.

Several class A's were parked alongside the semis, and don't know if anyone was booted.

http://hhjonline.com/perry-walmart-hires-parking-enforcement-p11158-90.htm

SidecarFlip wrote:
RV'ers do that to themselves with Wal Mart. If I owned a store like Wal Mart, I wouldn't want a 'gypsy caravan' of RV squatters occupying my lot either. One. they are pigs and two, it is private property.

People wore out the welcome all by themselves.

The very first line of the linked to story reads โ€œThe Perry WalMart has recently hired Buckhead Parking Enforcement of Union City, Georgia, to boot tractor-trailers who are trespassing on their parking lot.โ€œ

Where did you get the idea it was even being applied to, let alone a result of, RVโ€™ers?

Itโ€™s this kind of โ€˜not quite read the original post then go off on a tirade that makes people NOT want to participate in these kinds of forums.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
RV'ers do that to themselves with Wal Mart. If I owned a store like Wal Mart, I wouldn't want a 'gypsy caravan' of RV squatters occupying my lot either. One. they are pigs and two, it is private property.

Now that is a nice way to think about others. No room for anyone at your inn.

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
cmcdar wrote:
We came home from snow birding 2 weeks ago and stayed overnight at a Walmart in Mansfield, Ohio.

They have signs up saying "No Semis". We asked and were told that RVs were OK and told us where to park.

As always, ASK before you park.
That's all it takes. A "Thank you for the information" regardless of the answer, doesn't hurt a thing either.
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

cmcdar
Explorer
Explorer
We came home from snow birding 2 weeks ago and stayed overnight at a Walmart in Mansfield, Ohio.

They have signs up saying "No Semis". We asked and were told that RVs were OK and told us where to park.

As always, ASK before you park.
HTT: 2007 R-Vision Trail Cruiser c191
TV: 2010 Nissan Titan Pro4X Crew Cab

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:

You probably wouldn't want any RV's over 10 years old in "your" Park either judging by your Walmart comments.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
time to get the torch out.

Yep ๐Ÿ˜‰

I wonder which "you don't have the right to damage my property" claim will prevail- the boot company owner, or the truck driver?

IMHO, unless egregious behavior, a warning and ability to drive away would be required. It certainly IS REQUIRED for a tow in most states.

Even attempting to charge for trespass/defiant trespass is usually resolved by agreeing to leave vs imposing charges.

Say there is a sign that prohibits certain behavior. If you claim you didn't see it, even if police are there, and you agree to leave when confronted with your mistake, that's it. Not a good history of making overzealous charges stick (I didn't see it, how big is your sign, when is trespass now defiant trespass, etc).

I would think once a "for profit" angle is added by the towing company, a court would look even less favorably upon the situation.

Interesting situation. I believe the store and especially the towing company are operating at peril- ESPECIALLY if the vehicle operator is present at the time...in some states they could be charged with unlawful restraint (think 'repo laws' where the vehicle is even owned by a finance company who authorizes the action and still is limited to avoid a breach of the peace)

Keep us updated how this goes....

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
time to get the torch out.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder when they will start to boot trucks making deliveries to the Walmart? I can see that happening.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Might be worth a call to the store manager to see if RV's are included in the Buckhead contract.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Yikes! That's a new one. Won't be visiting there for any reason.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.