cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NY city restaurants

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Ok. I`m going to try this here. We are going to NY and we are looking for a couple nice restaurants. looking for nice restaurants, not fast food. Steaks, seafood, pork, things like that.

Anyone have any good ideas? We are staying at Liberty Harbor in Jersey City. will be taking a ferry or train into the city.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!
9 REPLIES 9

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
Italian...

Lil Franike's: 19 1st Avenue, New York, NY 10003

Steak...

Keens: 72 W 36th St, New York, NY 10018
Peter Luger:. 178 Broadway, Brooklyn, NY 11211

For Italian... Beware of Little Italy. Most of the places there are terrible Italian food. Tourist trap restaurants. Sub par food with high prices. It is a fun place to walk around though and a "used to be hidden" speakeasy with relaxing outdoor seating in the back is right in the middle of Little Italy. It's called the Mulberry Project at 149 Mulberry St, New York, NY 10013. Bespoke cocktails made fresh. Nice place to sit outside in the back if weather permits. No sign. Enter through an unmarked basement door and impress the wife with your knowledge of secret NY. ๐Ÿ™‚

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Hereโ€™s one in the Financial Distict thatโ€™s a very short walk from the 9/11 museum, very convenient if you use the train into Manhattan from Liberty Harbor - also close to Wall Street and the weekday ferry that operates to and from the Marina/RV Park.

Trinity Place, 115 Broadway. Itโ€™s in an old bank vault, good food, seating in the bar or further inside. We walked in with my service dog for lunch after seeing the 9/11 museum on a weekday, had no reservations, and were seated very quickly.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys/gals! Thatโ€™s what I was looking for. I tried searching, but only a few of those came up. The others didnโ€™t and thatโ€™s what I wanted.

Sorry, yes looking for Italian (my favorite) a great steak is my wifeโ€™s.

Iโ€™ve read nothing but good things on Katzโ€™s. Will definitely do that for lunch! Thanks for the tips. Keep them coming.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

A bad day camping is

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
Keens Steakhouse, Del Frisco's, Catch, Utsav, Butter, Beauty and Essex, Lavo, Magnolia Bakery, Little Italy Pizza, Get Dumplings in Chinatown, Los Feliz Mexican (gourmet amazing Mexican)

The list is nearly endless.

This will not be cheap. Lol

Please specify some exact cuisines if you want more info. Every type of food on Earth is available in NYC. Saying "steak" barely even scratches the surface as there are a dozen cultures that eat steak and just as many flavors of it available in amazing restaurants.

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
I second Carmineโ€™s! Tough to beat it.
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollinโ€™ on 33โ€™s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
Italian -- Carmines in Times Square. The servings are enormous - one entree is plenty for 2 people to share.

Dessert or breakfast -- Junior's makes a really great cheesecake. Breakfast is good, but I usually just grabed a coffee and an egg sandwich at a bodega.

Deli sandwich -- Katz's. Life changing pastrami on rye. My sister and I shared one sandwich for lunch and staggered out in a food coma. I would go back to NYC just for another of those sandwiches.

My sis and I spent 5 days in NYC before flying on to Iceland, and those are the 3 places that stick in my memory. Seriously, just follow your nose down the street and you'll find great meals.

I'm going to give a special shout out to Bouchon Bakery in Rockefeller Center because they were so very kind to me. I had a monster nosebleed near their stall, and they got me a chair, a huge pile of napkins, and helped my sister find an urgent care center nearby. (My nose was gushing) They even called the cab. They never said a word about the mess.
(That nostril was cauterized and has never caused problems again. The clothes I was wearing were not salvageable.)
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

Jerseydevil
Explorer
Explorer
Valbella never disappoints.$$$$. So many...
Can't go wrong at Maestros or DelFriscos either.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Did that! I didn't see anything that looked or sounded good.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
Do a google search for โ€œ The 10 best restaurants in New York City.โ€œ Or the ten best steak houses and the like.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"