cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dump Station Location Listings

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Any one know of a web site or such that list dump stations of any given area? Both free and small fee.
We want to flush out our system when we return home and then dump. We didn't bring our flush hose on this trip so we'll preform the maintanence at home, but need to find a place to dump.

thanks
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
10 REPLIES 10

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Gonzo42 wrote:
Whoa!! you get your beer from inside a dump station?

At CA State Beaches, not all have a dump site but if you stay at one, you can use the dump station and an adjacent SP. For instance, we stayed at El Capitan SP, and used the dump station at Carpenteria SP.

:):):) I belong to Elks and Eagles. I can't believe how handy they are sometimes. Local info, local mechanics, etc. At mine I also find about where the salmon are. But YA, 35 or 40 extra feet of sewer hose and thru the buildings side window and could of sat and drank a beer and dumped at the same time. But what fun would that be? Ever notice how everybody stares at what comes out?
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
Whoa!! you get your beer from inside a dump station?

At CA State Beaches, not all have a dump site but if you stay at one, you can use the dump station and an adjacent SP. For instance, we stayed at El Capitan SP, and used the dump station at Carpenteria SP.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

path1
Explorer
Explorer
The apps on line of Dump Station Location Listings are the least accurate of RV info IMO. Just not kept up to date as much as possible. Gov't ran dump sites are most dependable to be operational, but still verify by phone if possible. Many rest stops have shut there's down because of mis-use. When traveling, my LED light on my tank level gauge lights up to 3/4 I start looking.

For close to home...Explore your area and find what's best for you. Many sites are not listed. As it turned out, closest to me was an "Eagles campground". Less than 2 miles away and never a line. $10 bucks and includes getting a beer inside. I mentioned I was going to add the site to an on app. They preferred not because of experiences in the past they had with the general public. My inlaws use a rv storage place that has a dump site for their customers, but lets "locals" use if they know about it.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't find anything on the two websites given, and if you're looking in a certain area or route....just ask here on this forum. Someone may know of a place to dump.

Also, some private RV parks that have a dump station may let you dump for a fee.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

phil-t
Explorer
Explorer
gamp - check out your local state park. Some states have senior passes and it will get you in the park (day pass), whick will let you dump. NY is this way.

Maybe not convenient for you but worth a shot.
2014 Allegro 36LA

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:
Any list you find online is by no means a complete or reliable list. Your best bet is to call around for whatever area you'll be dumping in.

Municipalities often have dumping locations, but they're not going to bothered with (or paying for) being listed on some website.

Same thing for gas stations. Maybe national chains might pay to be listed, but ma and pa shops for example, why bother.

our local wastewater treatment plant has an RV dump station but we need prior authorization (phone ahead) to use it.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

FULLTIMEWANABE
Explorer
Explorer
We tend to use Sanidumps.com. Most all Giant gas stations have free dump and water, as do most Flying J's but used to charge albeit the one in Great Falls exit 277 has big FREE sign up on it right now!

In a pinch we've gone into a State Park and paid a fee to dump and take on fresh water once. Most RV Parks also charge a fee to dump and potable fill.
It Takes No More Effort To Aim High Than To Aim Low - Reach For The Stars

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Google usually knows.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Any list you find online is by no means a complete or reliable list. Your best bet is to call around for whatever area you'll be dumping in.

Municipalities often have dumping locations, but they're not going to bothered with (or paying for) being listed on some website.

Same thing for gas stations. Maybe national chains might pay to be listed, but ma and pa shops for example, why bother.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
RV Dumps.....HERE
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro