cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Don't order from camping World Online

jjdrisco
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered a rocking chair fro CW 5 days ago and it still hasen't shipped. They say they don not work on weekends and it take 5 -7 business days to ship.

FLASH - FLASH - FLASH - FLASH -.

The word "camping" should indicate that some people don't stay in one place long enough to get their packages.

Go to Amazon. 2 day delivery.
20 REPLIES 20

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
RTCastillo,

Thank you again for your time and postings. At this time I have sent you a PM with your order update. I apologize for the delays you may have experienced.

Thank you,

Mark

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam Care Team wrote:
Hello RTCastillo,

Thank you for your time and providing your feedback. Please provide your contact information in a private message. I will be glad to reach out to you and discuss issues you may be experiencing.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

Sent you a PM for the order info. Thanks in advance for the assistance.

But if you re-read my post, this should not have been a subject or follow up, "Ask Marcus", Customer Care intervention every time we order. Or visit your service centers, call travel assist, make a warranty claim...

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello RTCastillo,

Thank you for your time and providing your feedback. Please provide your contact information in a private message. I will be glad to reach out to you and discuss issues you may be experiencing.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
Twenty years ago we loved to go to Camping World. Not so much anymore.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam Care Team wrote:
Hello jjdrisco,

Thank you for your time and post, I apologize for the delay you are experiencing with your order. We will be glad to look into the status of the rocking chair. Please provide your order and contact number in a private message.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

This is my experience too. I only got it facilitated with I e-mailed "Ask Marcus" (well, among my other issues.)

I also sell at Amazon and if I don't ship within the following day, I'll be a goner. I do order accessories from Walmart and they too confirm tracking within two days.

I'm new in RVing and want to use CW for as my one-stop needs and subscribed to everything Camping World offers, even the pricey Extended Warranty. My experience in less than a month is a little disappointing.

I worked for a multinational company and I know Customer Service is a matter of corporate culture that should cascade down from Top to the bottom and can be felt by the customer the moment they step into the reception or talk to anyone on the phone.

Paging Marcus.

soren
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of folks have decided that attacking the OP is necessary. Which is kind of funny, since he is 100% correct. Five to seven days for anybody with an online sales operation is pathetic. I have a neighbor who does product flow control for a major retailer. This company had thousands of sticks and bricks locations five years ago. By 2020 this company will be free of physical stores, and they couldn't be happier. Their online volume increases by 25%+ year over year. If my neighbor allowed her million sq, ft. shipping facility to perform at the pathetic level of shipping customer's orders in "5-7 days" not only would she be fired immediately, the place would crashed to a halt. Modern commerce does not happen at the speed of, "hopefully we can ship it next week".

Most of my purchases, except food and fuel, are now online. Living on the east coast, and buying from all over North America, it's unusual to see anything take seven days to get to my door. If the seller provides tracking, I can see that 95% of everything I buy is shipped within 24 hours of processing the orders. If it's a bleeding edge seller, like Amazon, it's often a couple of hours until the order is completed, given a tracking number and awaiting pickup. Five to seven days in online retail is equivalent to pulling into a quick lube and being told, "we can change your oil, leave the keys, we will call you in a few days".

jdb7566
Explorer
Explorer
jjdrisco wrote:
I ordered a rocking chair fro CW 5 days ago and it still hasen't shipped. They say they don not work on weekends and it take 5 -7 business days to ship.

FLASH - FLASH - FLASH - FLASH -.

The word "camping" should indicate that some people don't stay in one place long enough to get their packages.

Go to Amazon. 2 day delivery.

I think it depends on which warehouse the item ships from. I placed an order for a number of items. The order was split, some coming from Bakersfield, ca and the remaining from Ft Worth, tx. The items coming from Bakersfield arrived at my door step, Minneapolis, before the remaining items at Ft Worth even left the warehouse. Amazon may be faster, but they're not always cheaper, if you compare apples to apples. People subscribe to Amazon Prime, then think they're getting "free" 2-day delivery.

jerryjay11
Explorer
Explorer
I guess it depends on what you order and which warehouse it comes out of as the last three CW orders have arrived with a week. Maybe in the last 10 CW orders there was 1 that took a bit longer, but overall not much of an issue. Usually within the timeframe of expected delivery.

jjdrisco
Explorer
Explorer
I want to thank everyone for your kind words. I guess when you get used to good service from one company, you expect it from all. Life is just not that way.

Good luck to all who place an online order.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
I want it now, now, now!
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello jjdrisco,

Thank you for your time and post, I apologize for the delay you are experiencing with your order. We will be glad to look into the status of the rocking chair. Please provide your order and contact number in a private message.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
I agree 5 to 7 days to ship is a little excessive, but, you should have checked first before ordering.

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
Wow. So you're telling me I shouldn't shop at CW online just because you didn't read their shipping policy, or didn't choose "Express Delivery" when you ordered.

Sheesh!

I've been perfectly happy with my CW orders.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara