cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing rock hard Caulk from windows and trim

CoffeePat
Explorer
Explorer
I’m trying to recaulk the windows and trim on my 5er. NOT the roof… The stuff is rock hard. ! I’ve tried a brand new plastic caulk stripper and a straight edge razor blade in 1 of those palm sized holders. This is taking forever & the joint still isn’t nice and clean. “Caulk be Gone” by DAP claims to soften caulk but they say it could\prob will stain plastic & fiberglass.
How do y’all get the old caulk off?

Did you see "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" at the top?
    Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions related to "posting" issues with Open Roads Forum sites, member profile and photo testing, and for reporting account issues. Please avoid using this forum for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, visit the RV Forum which corresponds to the subject of your topic, and click the Post New Topic link. Thank-you!

Moved from FORUM POSTING HELP AND SUPPORT

4 REPLIES 4

CoffeePat
Explorer
Explorer
OOOOHHHH YEAH!!!
Heat Gun works GREAT.
So glad I asked and tks for the suggestion.
Don't know if I'm in the exact right forum, but it's full of RVers who have a lot more experience than I do. A Great resource. I don't post often because of all the haters. I did look first but most of what i found was roof sealing....& most of the you tube was bath room/house,
but anyway, thank you very much.

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
X-2 Heat Gun be careful not to melt anything. You just want the caulk to be pliable.

OkieGene
Explorer
Explorer
Get a heat gun. Read the instructions carefully. There are some YouTube videos.

Farmboy666
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Fein oscillating tool and a grout cutting blade. You can get a cheaper version. If it's taking to long by hand thats about the best way, variable speed is the best option.