cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Source for storage cabinet locks

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
I've been looking on Amazon etc for good, solid, quality outside storage cabinet locks. I find a few with "keyed alike" - but only four locks, and I need six ... and, the ones I'm seeing get not so good reviews, and look 'cheap' and I already got 'cheap' -- Would prefer all same key, for obvious reasons.

Anyone have a good source for locks that I can order keyed alike?
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic
16 REPLIES 16

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
monkey44 wrote:
OK,I get the screwdriver issue - easy to break in ...

But my locks are beginning to stick and seem ready to give up - hard to turn the key. So, if I'm gonna replace them, I want all same key. That's more the issue than actual 'break-in' proof locks. Nothing in an RV is that secure anyway - I just want a key that doesn't twist itself crooked trying to open the lock. The locks are ten years old, and been thru a lot of salty seasons near the ocean, etc., so time to change them out. Thanks for the input, will check these out and go for it ... ๐Ÿ™‚ M44

Rollin' dem bones!!..;)

ALL my (current & former) keyed compartment locks have always been replaced with "thumb turn" type. Convenient, inexpensive, and...*NO* key required..:W

If a thief wants to steal my sewer hose (or?) so be it.

After "tents" - I've been RVing with Slide-in campers, TTs, MHs, and a 5th wheel - since 1975. - *NEVER* had anything stolen..:W

However, *IF* there's a first time, the money I saved over the years on $10 locks, and/or the cost of repairs (and time to repair/replace) damaged compt doors when a thief uses his *TEN SECOND" "universal entry key" (slot head screwdriver) will off-set my loss(es)..:(

IMO - yours look more inviting with locks, LOL!

But....whatever rings *your* chimes is cool..:C

~

roadrat2
Explorer
Explorer
Easykeys.com. CCL C510 cam locks. Suffix KA in the model # for keyed alike. Comes with several different cams to work with different door thicknesses. Be sure to order RV Designer Finger Pulls #D539 installed like a washer to make it easier to open the hatch. You can get these from Amazon. FWIW, I ordered the locj s from Amazon that got marginal reviews and they've been fine for almost 2 years; although the ones on easykey look nicer.
2011 Crossroads Zinger ZT25SB
2006 F-350 6.0L

DRTDEVL
Explorer
Explorer
Bobbo wrote:
I went to my local Ace Hardware and talked to the locksmith. He took me to a couple of shelves that had the locks. One shelf was not keyed alike, but the other shelf were all keyed alike.

I second ACE Hardware. I picked up enough locks, keyed alike, to replace all the plastic twist latches and compartment locks on my C.
Resurrecting an inherited 1980 Minnie Winnie 20RG from the dead after sitting since 1998..

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
rvlocksandmore.com
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
eBay is an easy answer. Hundreds available in single pack, 2,4,5 packs. Mine are Trimark, entry door paddle lock is keyed the same as cabinet doors. True they use like 15 different key codes but always available and they can tell a locksmith the cutting code.

RV Designers, Camco, JR RV parts, to name a few that are easy online and same keying as what you probably have now. I've found a can of WD 40, or parts cleaner, flush and let dry, graphite power for lube or Tri Flo or as the local locksmith uses, silicon spray lube work great for cleaning out dried lube and dirt and then lubricating is all that is needed. Dry and un-lubed in any way is how most Cam Locks come.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
I went to my local Ace Hardware and talked to the locksmith. He took me to a couple of shelves that had the locks. One shelf was not keyed alike, but the other shelf were all keyed alike.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
monkey44 wrote:

But my locks are beginning to stick and seem ready to give up - hard to turn the key. So, if I'm gonna replace them, I want all same key. That's more the issue than actual 'break-in' proof locks. Nothing in an RV is that secure anyway - I just want a key that doesn't twist itself crooked trying to open the lock. The locks are ten years old, and been thru a lot of salty seasons near the ocean, etc., so time to change them out. Thanks for the input, will check these out and go for it ... ๐Ÿ™‚ M44

Graphite is your friend in sticky locks.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II

Monkey44
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
One thing about the fancy locks, it'll make the thief wonder what's in there that warrants the fancy, expensive locks. Maybe make him a bit too curious. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Off_Pavement
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder has a point, but I still decided to go ahead and replace mine with these... IHC Tubular Cam Lock
The Road To Paradise Is NOT Paved!
Please Support Multiple Use of our Public Lands!

Brian Hoag
www.rv-camping.org
'10 Sunseeker Class C - Gozer II
'13 Jeep JKU (Wrangler) - Billie

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not much sense spending more money for high quality outside locks. The locks are no more secure than the surrounding material, and that is easily bypassed with a medium screwdriver.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

ctilsie242
Explorer
Explorer
Because a long screwdriver opens almost all those hatch doors, I recommend these cams for security. They provide as much security as a CH751 lock, but will last to grime and dirt a lot longer.

I personally use something like this which has a shutter to keep dirt out of the lock. However, I plan to go with something else the next time I need to change out cam locks.

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hmmm - didn't think of Lowe's for RV stuff ... but I guess there are just cabinet locks ... will check it out next time I'm there. Thanks M44
Monkey44
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have replaced all of mine with These ,they can all be keyed alike so I only have one key for everything. Just pick the size and how many you want.

I also like that they have a cover on the key slot that moves when you insert the key,thus keeping all grime out.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C