cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would you offer on these two trailers?

kirkl
Explorer
Explorer
The 2nd one says 2018 with a higher msrp but in the info it says 2017 and front end looks different than the other 2018's.

http://www.canopycountry.com/default.asp?page=xNewInventoryDetail&id=4104182&p=4&make=forest%20river&vc=travel%20trailer&s=Year&d=D&t=new&vt=trailer&fr=xNewInventory

http://www.canopycountry.com/default.asp?page=xNewInventoryDetail&id=4141243&p=4&make=forest%20river&vc=travel%20trailer&s=Year&d=D&vt=trailer&fr=xNewInventory
2017 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins 4x4 LB
2018 Wildcat Maxx 28RKX
2014 Adventurer 80RB
14 REPLIES 14

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
kirkl wrote:
Thanks for all the replies. Ive got my numbers all crunched for on the road prices for 30 and 35%. And honestly, ive researched online and have yet to find one cheaper that what this dealer is selling them for.
Your expecting to find on-line pricing that is at 30 - 35 percent off MSRP?
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

kirkl
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replies. Ive got my numbers all crunched for on the road prices for 30 and 35%. And honestly, ive researched online and have yet to find one cheaper that what this dealer is selling them for.
2018 Wildcat Maxx 28RKX
2014 Adventurer 80RB

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
Can't help you with the price, but personal opinion:
I would not buy a floor plan like either of those if you plan on watching television comfortably.
The TV is mounted at a right angle from the seating.

it does look like the couch would be semi unusable if the tV was swung out so recliners would get a good view. no issue if only two watching, inconvenient if you had company watching a game, etc.
bumpy

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
trailer_newbe wrote:
2nd one because of the slide out widows.
X2 - and offer 30% below MSRP.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

trailer_newbe
Explorer
Explorer
2nd one because of the slide out widows.
2018 Jayco White Hawk 28RL

evanrem
Explorer II
Explorer II
2nd one is sweet. find the cheapest price on the internet an go lower than that. otherwise start at 35% and see where you land but wouldn't go below 30%. Also don't buy any of the extras.

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
I will 2nd what midnightsadie said....go with the one that your wife likes. It will make life much calmer for you. I always get on rvtrader.com and check the prices that are listed. If it's MSRP, start at least 35% off. You can always go up, but it's hard to come down. I would verify if it is a 2017 and that one, I would start about 45% off of MSRP. Again, you can go up, but hard to come down.

I do get what Downtheroad and Bumpy were saying about the floorplan. It is always good to be able to get to the refrigerator and the bathroom without having to extend the slides when you are traveling. He also mentioned that it was a small shower (28") and if you are of any size, it will be hard to utilize it. My husband is a big man and our new RV has a large shower - larger than ours at home. He still doesn't use it unless there are no facilities at the campground. I don't understand it, but that's fine with me and our daughters.

Anyway, that's MY opinion.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

kirkl
Explorer
Explorer
There both the same except for the dinette and yep can get to bathroom with slide in.
2018 Wildcat Maxx 28RKX
2014 Adventurer 80RB

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
choose the one that you can get to the potty with the slide in. and the one your wife likes.30% sounds like a starting point ,remember the bottom line should include all fees and the tax to. no hidden fees.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Always go 30% below MSRP. If they say no then walk. You can find them elsewhere for 30% off.

BTW. I like the trailers. Stuff can move and trailers were meant to be used with the slides out not in! If you can get them down then go for it!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

kirkl
Explorer
Explorer
Why would I want to shower with the slide in? i dont need info on what you dont like about it.
2018 Wildcat Maxx 28RKX
2014 Adventurer 80RB

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
can you get into that 28 's shower with the slide in?
one airconditioner?
bumpy

kirkl
Explorer
Explorer
Weve already sat in them, the recliners can move and the TV swings. i wont be sitting on the couch to watch tv.
2018 Wildcat Maxx 28RKX
2014 Adventurer 80RB

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Can't help you with the price, but personal opinion:
I would not buy a floor plan like either of those if you plan on watching television comfortably.
The TV is mounted at a right angle from the seating.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro