cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

wte canvas

rightlaneonly
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure how too title this so that was it. We just bought a 2010 Coleman Yuma tent trailer. This is my first experience with a tent trailer so I'm on a real learning curve. My main question is if we're caught in some rain and the tent gets wet and must be folded up anyway how do I handle that? Just fold it up anyway, are there any special precautions I need to take? I guess the jest of my question is "what do you tent trailer owners do when the canvas is wet and you havta fold it up and move?
Lee & Jane
Ford died once to often.
Replaced with 2019 GMC Canyon
Aliner, soon to be gone.
7 REPLIES 7

Beer_Belly
Explorer
Explorer
b&rharmon wrote:
Pop it back up as soon as you can, like as soon as you get home, even if it is still raining. Leave it up until it is dry, that is it stops raining and the sun comes out. Could be you have to leave it up for a couple of days in the rain. Put away wet it can start to mold within a day or two.

Yup, this is what we do also.....not going to chance Mold.
*Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - "WOW, What a ride!"

b_rharmon
Explorer
Explorer
Pop it back up as soon as you can, like as soon as you get home, even if it is still raining. Leave it up until it is dry, that is it stops raining and the sun comes out. Could be you have to leave it up for a couple of days in the rain. Put away wet it can start to mold within a day or two.
Bill DH
Renee DW
Bumper & Willie (furkids)
2002 F250 4X4 V10 W/Tow Option
2002 Coleman Seapine

Beer_Belly
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
Post 2 covers it.

......and Post #3
*Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - "WOW, What a ride!"

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Post 2 covers it.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
What Ken said, plus my Coleman had mattresses with one side vinyl and one side woven fabric. When the dealer went over how to set it up and closing it back up he told me if the tent fabric was wet wipe it down and flip the mattresses over to the vinyl side up before lowering the roof. He said that was to keep the mattresses from soaking up water from the tent fabric and take a while to dry and air out.

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
It happens all the time. If possible dry off as much water as possible.
As soon as possible, NEXT dry day, open it up and dry it out, whether at home or in storage, do this as soon as possible to prevent MOLD.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, you just fold it up. Air dry at your earliest opportunity. However, almost any night you sleep in the unit will create moisture inside from you and outside from dew etc. Thatโ€™s a far more insidious destructor if you are not careful.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad