cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

OTA tv dvr

camperkilgore
Explorer
Explorer
We don't have satellite tv, just an antennae, so we don't watch a lot of tv when camping but when we do watch a little, we really miss the dvr functions like we have on our satellite at home.
Tom & Carol
32 REPLIES 32

camperkilgore
Explorer
Explorer
Tom & Carol

MrWizard
Over the air recording

Not steamed internet recording

Neither the rominao or the channel Master, can record internet streaming content

I like my home Worx PVR, because it records ota to an external USB drive or stick

I can then watch these on the TV or the PC, and if one stick is full i can use another for more storage
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
With the Roamio......can you dvr(internal disk drive) ALL of the streamed content so that it can be taken to remote areas(places with no cell or internet coverage) when camping.

If you are recording it OTA then absolutely. It records it to the hard drive so you dont need internet coverage.
I have no idea about any paid subscriptions like others have said, if that can be recorded or not.

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
camperkilgore wrote:
With the Roamio......can you dvr(internal disk drive) ALL of the streamed content so that it can be taken to remote areas(places with no cell or internet coverage) when camping.

Are you sure you can download and save content streamed from Netflix, and other paid subscriptions? Most streaming cannot be saved, only actual downloaded content. I believe a few Netflix content is downloadable (but not much)

camperkilgore
Explorer
Explorer
Tom & Carol

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
road-runner wrote:
austinjenna wrote:
Tivo Roamio user here and very happy with it. Channel guide, large hard drive, can sign onto tivo online from any computer and watch my shows. Also bought the tivo Stream so I can stream my recorded or live tv right to my phone from anywhere.

Oh yah the best part ids the one click channel skip button.

X2 with a Roamio OTA box. It's reliable, works good, and is hassle-free.

Absolutely!

road-runner
Explorer III
Explorer III
austinjenna wrote:
Tivo Roamio user here and very happy with it. Channel guide, large hard drive, can sign onto tivo online from any computer and watch my shows. Also bought the tivo Stream so I can stream my recorded or live tv right to my phone from anywhere.

X2 with a Roamio OTA box. It's reliable, works good, and is hassle-free.
2009 Fleetwood Icon

Bill_S_1
Explorer
Explorer
I received an email from Channel Master the other day, announcing their new streaming device which is simply called Stream+ They had a short video and description in the email, and it looks pretty slick, and with some nice features, that let you view and/or record from a programming sources, including your OTA antenna; provides programming guide, and only one cable to you TV (or switchbox). Looks interesting.
Bill, (aka Capt.Bill)
2002 Horizon 36LD, Cat 330
RVing since 1987
First State

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you austinjenna. That is very helpful.

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info. I love our TiVo Ramios but I sure didn't know about TiVo online or TiVo Stream. Does TiVo online require OTA access while you use it?

I went to their website and find it rather lacking in a thorough explanation of how it works. When I selected "guide" for live TV, there were only a handful of cable networks showing and clicking on them did not allow you to watch anything, just record it.

When searching for "TiVo Stream", it said to purchase it in the store, but the store didn't show such an item.

Please share more details about these options.

When I go to Tivo Online and sign in, I have a few options - My Shows and Guide are 2 of them. If I click on the guide it will bring up the stations I get at home and if I click on a show it gives me the option to watch it now, or record it. under My Shows it will show me everything that has been recorded on the Tivo DVR and clicking on it will give the option to play it.

So on a rainy camping day I can bring that up on the laptop, hdmi cable to my bigger tv and watch them on a bigger screen.

For Tivo Stream you can look here Stream

Its a small box that you hook up that will let you stream or download to phones or tablets. You need to download the tivo app for your device. If i am somewhere out of cell service I can download the shows to my tablet while at home and watch them later. Generally I have cell service so I just stream them.

Another gadget we have is the Tivo Mini. We have this up in our bedroom and it basically hooks up to the main Tivo DVR so you can watch recorded shows from the main DVR or watch live TV on a different TV in your house. Two people can be watching different recorded shows simultaneously. I forgot what the number of Tivo minis can be hooked up to the main box - maybe 6-8

Hope it helps

Reese 16K

camperkilgore
Explorer
Explorer
Tom & Carol

camperkilgore
Explorer
Explorer
^
Tom & Carol

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
austinjenna wrote:

Thanks for the info. I love our TiVo Ramios but I sure didn't know about TiVo online or TiVo Stream. Does TiVo online require OTA access while you use it?

I went to their website and find it rather lacking in a thorough explanation of how it works. When I selected "guide" for live TV, there were only a handful of cable networks showing and clicking on them did not allow you to watch anything, just record it.

When searching for "TiVo Stream", it said to purchase it in the store, but the store didn't show such an item.

Please share more details about these options.

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer

Reese 16K