cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I-10 in El Paso closed 4-6 May and 11-14 May

NMDriver2
Explorer
Explorer
Radio announced the closure from 2100 Friday 4 May to 0600 Monday 7 May of I-10 in El Paso, TX. Work on the Sunland Park area. Another Closure will be on May 11-14th with the same hours. Seek alternate routes.

Use TX 375 by pass or NM 404 to War road and US 54
Turret Class traveler
8 REPLIES 8

avan
Explorer
Explorer
Went through it last weekend - it was closed E & W/bound- and the routing around the problem was simple, easy for someone not familiar with the area to follow and equally easy to do with a motor home and toad. I think it is supposed to be closed for 3 weekends in a row. NBD.
www.putt10.net

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
They were doing weekend closing last fall. EB one weekend, WB the next. There is some major project they are working on.

frizzen
Explorer
Explorer
And its closed again this weekend
I need some wild

frizzen
Explorer
Explorer
For those of you not familiar with El Paso, Sunland Park is around MM 12 or 13. If you are coming from the west take the Anthony exit in New Mexico and go through the gap on NM 404 or go over the hills on Transmountain.

From the east take Loop 375 at America's.
I need some wild

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jay Pat wrote:
azdryheat wrote:
They're going to shut down a major interstate for the weekend? Where's all that traffic supposed to go?

Probably, the frontage road and the loop to the north.
And traffic will backup.......
Pat

Unfortunately, there is no frontage road on that stretch through Sunland Park. They've been shunting traffic off on side streets in a rather lengthy detour. My sister and BIL got stuck for over an hour recently coming back from a concert in downtown El Paso (lives in Las Cruces). We ALWAYS use 404/Anthony Gap, anyway, so not a big deal for us.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
They're going to shut down a major interstate for the weekend? Where's all that traffic supposed to go?

Probably, the frontage road and the loop to the north.
And traffic will backup.......
Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315

NMDriver2
Explorer
Explorer
AS mentioned TX 375 or NM 404 for through traffic. You can use the frontage road detour but expect a long traffic jam.
Turret Class traveler

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE