cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bigfoot hydraulic leveler install

clotus
Explorer
Explorer
Hey guys I purchased Bigfoot Platinum leveling kit for my 2017 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 31K. Has anyone completed this install them self? If so what issues am I going to run into? Hardest part? Worth saving the money and installing yourself or do you regret it?

I wish I lived closer to the factory and pay them to install, but I live in So. Cal. so a bit of a drive.

Any comments or suggestions is appreciated.
Current: 2017 Winnebago 31K
(Sold): 5th wheel: 2015 Heartland Sundance XLT 245
7 REPLIES 7

jgellis586
Explorer
Explorer
Had Bigfoot installed on Tuesday. What a difference no more movement in the motorhome . Fortunately only a 5 hour ride to the manufacturer. Auto levelers are great.

clotus
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies. I found a shop near me that does about one a month. I am going to bite the bullet and have them tackle it. I decided I would rather spend the time with my family right now as opposed to underneath the RV. Certainly looks doable when I was checking and planning the install though.
Current: 2017 Winnebago 31K
(Sold): 5th wheel: 2015 Heartland Sundance XLT 245

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are unsure you may want to contact a mobile RV repairman and get a quote.

I like Jd's approach towards safety, I purchased end cuts of large beams at the lumber yard for safety supports,also the cardboard with a HF blanket on it slides nice, for 5 bucks, when on sale, they can be tossed without regrets if soiled or damaged.

Keep us posted on your progress.

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
I think you'll be all right for the installation. The wild card is that both Ford and Bigfoot can't be sure what your coach builder might have done.

BUT!!! My major point is WORK SAFELY. Support with steel stands or wooden timber. NOT "concrete" blocks. Get it high enough that you can work freely. I like cardboard, like major appliance boxes, moving wardrobes etc flattened out and used under there. It provides good padding and easy to slide around on. If you want to use a creeper the coach needs to be a couple inches higher. You may also find you have to get OFF the creeper to torque larger bolts.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

blownstang01
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased the same kit for ours. When I get it, I'll do a write up of the install with pics. Probably won't be before you do yours, but it looks pretty straight forward. Good Luck

Solo
Explorer
Explorer
I installed the same system on our formerly owned E450 Class C. It was a very straight-forward procedure that was not something that the average do-it-yourselfer cannot do in my opinion as long as you have the necessary patience and tools. It was not just a simple plug-and-play installation in my situation as I had to modify the rear mounting location to accept the brackets but, again, a well-equipped home shop made the installation a very doable project for me. Given the same set of circumstances (distance to an installer, desire for a cost effective system, and ability to do the install), I would do it again in a heart-beat. Great company to do business with.
Solo
2011 Itasca Ellipse 42QD, 450 HP ISL Cummins
2012 Jeep JKU with SMI DUO Braking System

older_fossil
Explorer
Explorer
If you decide to go with an installer, Major Wingfield in Yuma, AZ installed a set on a class C we had about 10 years ago and seemed very competent. I believe he stills does installations.
http://mbrvproducts.com/
Art & Barbara
2016 Tiffin AB 37AP
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee