Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Which Brand Class A
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Which Brand Class A

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Mile High

CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/18 12:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In addition to what was stated above about the "in-house" Winnie fabrication - I was impressed with how the drawings, schematics, parts lists are all available to the owner from winnebagoind.com/references. The manufacturer or our prior RV felt those were proprietary and would not release them to anyone except a Dealer. Every Winnie cabinet part, pillow, wire has a part number printed on it. I can enter my serial number and print a 70 page parts list specific to my coach build as ordered.

Here is an example of their 3D drawing platform available online:

[image]

2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

4x4van

California

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/18 02:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yup, this /\

I love the sheer volume of drawings, schematics, parts lists, etc available online for free for Winnebago motorhomes. And if there is something that isn't listed, just email Winnebago, and they provide it. The other thing that is really nice is that every single piece of wire in the RV is labeled every few inches, and referenced. Want to know what a specific wire goes to/from? Easy peasy; every single one is listed.

We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R (2), '85 BW200, '07 TRX400EX, '12 Husky TE310
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II, '95 FX1

mikey52

Marana, Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/18 03:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have owned a Discovery for 5 1/2 years and are very pleased with the unit. So much so that we were looking to upgrade to the American Revolution but the line has been discontinued. Now we are considering the Discovery 44H. We like the floor plan and really like the large closet in the rear for storage.

2013 Discovery 40x
2016 GMC Canyon
2011 BMW R1200RT

Dog Trainer

Richmond Mi.

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/18 06:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Manufactures have Factory tours that let you get a look at their build process. I would recommend that you tour the plants of the units you have in mind. We ended up with our Newmar after watching the build process and touring the factory.All cabinets, walls and such are built in house by Newmar. Because the walls are not laminated and built 16" on center framing we will not have to worry about delam. I have a friend with a 39' Journey and it has been 1 problem after the next so I guess it can happen with any manf. to get a lemmon.

2016 Newmar Baystar 3401
2011 HHR Toad
Daktari & Lydia Cavalier King Charles , Annie get your guns, our English setter (fur Bearing Children)

vjstangelo

virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/18 06:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Winnebago hands down. Reason is the amount of support after the sale.

2012 Winnebago Vista 32K
2011 Honda CRV Toad

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Which Brand Class A
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS