Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A vandalized on roof
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> Class A vandalized on roof

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
cnc0918

Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/18 12:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our RV is parked on our property & someone went up on the roof & threw a cement block into the roof at some point this Winter. It is a 34' Class A with a rubber roof. During that time, the roof had major leakage which we only discovered last week. The TV over the dash is barely hanging on in the cabinet, every electronic thing we have is right where the leak started. We drained about 3 gallons of water out, there's mildew on the ceiling, the water dripped down into the dash, & we have no idea what that could've done to the automatic levelers, or anything else in the dash.

My question is, do any of you know how much it costs to replace the rubber roof, the entire headliner, probably most of the wood, all the cabinets in the front of the coach, all the electronics we lost, the tv, & the dashboard as well. The water leaked down to the carpet & into the linoleum flooring by the entrance to the coach. Needless to say, it is a royal mess!

Thanks in advance for any comments you can give me.

doxiemom11

New Mexico

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/08/18 01:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm sure it would cost way more that whatever deductible you may carry on your insurance. I would file a claim.

the bear II

Torrance CA.

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/18 01:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The roof replacement is about $3500 if it's done right.

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/18 01:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Contact your insurance company. Depending on the year of your Class A, it may be a total loss. Water can do a lot of damage.

Lwiddis

Cambria, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/08/18 02:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm thinking MORE aggressive than gbopp. With that level of damage and mold I'd want a new RV.

2015 Winnebago 2101DS TT & Tahoe LTZ, 300 watts WindyNation solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flagpole for US flag. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - old MOS 1542 & 1560.

DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/18 02:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just from the description you provided, I bet your damages are between $10,000 and $15,000!

LadyRVer

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/18 02:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Police report and insurance claim. See what happens. Roof is not the only problem I see... all the water damage and mold may be far worse than the roof.

azrving

Quartzsite

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/18 02:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The roof could surely be $5k alone. Why in the heck would someone go to the point of hauling a cement block up there to damage it? You have some crazy crackheads around there or you really ticked someone off. Not saying you did anything wrong to tick someone off. Now days they could just be jealous of what you have. Sorry to hear that and hopefully the insurance treats you fair.

Tyler0215

Iowa

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/18 02:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wonder what REALLY happened.
It's totaled.
Did you call your insurance agent?
No insurance? Call the junk yard,You'll have to pay them to take it.

fpresto

Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/08/18 02:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree with azrving. Why would anyone haul a cement block up the ladder, if your RV has one, just to throw it down on the roof. There are plenty of windows, doors, and numerous other ways to damage a RV without trying to haul a block to the roof. I suppose it is possible that a large strong individual could throw one from the ground although I know I couldn't get one half way up.

USN Retired
2016 Tiffin Allegro 32 SA

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> Class A vandalized on roof
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS