Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A vandalized on roof
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> Class A vandalized on roof

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
F4Jock

Sweet Valley, PA

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/18 05:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know how you can become invested in something that you put so much into and have so much fun with but my advice is to get a few more estimates, negotiate with the insurance company, take a total, wave goodbye, and go buy yourself a new rig. Cleaner, faster, less hassle.

Patti, Jack, our GSD Gunner the Wonder Dog and our multtude of cats.
1998 National Tropi-Cal on a 1997 Ford F53 chassis with 460 Ford power.

Bruce Brown

Northern NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/18 04:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

F4Jock wrote:

I know how you can become invested in something that you put so much into and have so much fun with but my advice is to get a few more estimates, negotiate with the insurance company, take a total, wave goodbye, and go buy yourself a new rig. Cleaner, faster, less hassle.

This.

I've done a rebuild, by the OPs description this one is definitely totaled.

Figure a realistic value, settle with the insurance company and move on.

There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

F4Jock

Sweet Valley, PA

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/18 04:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bruce Brown wrote:

F4Jock wrote:

This.

I've done a rebuild, by the OPs description this one is definitely totaled.

Figure a realistic value, settle with the insurance company and move on.

Plus, you will get all of what you think will be that "Last Summer" camping with the kids!

bucky

Bunn NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/18 05:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is all just terrible, and I hope it all works out for you.
That being said somebody really po'd somebody as this was a deliberate attack by somebody that knew what they were doing.

2005 Cummins 2500 2WD LB quad cab pulling a 2007 Jayco 345bhs. It pulls better than Marcell Ledbetter's mule.

cnc0918

Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/18 12:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bucky wrote:

This is all just terrible, and I hope it all works out for you.
That being said somebody really po'd somebody as this was a deliberate attack by somebody that knew what they were doing.

It was definitely a deliberate attack by someone but we honestly don't have a clue who would do it. We're pretty quiet people, live on a quiet dead end street, & most of the neighbors are elderly. We have one set of neighbors that have upset the entire neighborhood many times but we sure don't want to accuse them of something we have no proof of. The criminal element has definitely come into our small town though - our next door neighbor had their mailbox hit & completely broken off about a week after our motorhome deal.

Right now, we're just waiting for word from the insurance company & we sure hope it is totaled - we love it BUT there's mold in it now & it will NEVER be the same. We could fight it for the entire time we own the blasted thing. We're fully prepared to move on from this & get something different - just a waiting game with the insurance company.

azrving

Quartzsite

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/18 03:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cnc019
You don't have to accuse anyone of anything and you don't have to do anything to them. You could have nearly worked yourself to death to get the MH and some will be jealous and vengeful.

When we were away from our second house the neighbors were cleaning out the landscaping plants and garden. They were always friendly and asking how long we would be there. I told the guy just for a weekend one time but didn't say my wife was staying. She came out later that evening and the neighbor woman was at the property line when she noticed my wife. She dropped her shovel and took off. You wouldn't have wanted to hear what I had to say.

Going forward get yourself a couple trail cams with black flash. Four AA batteries and 32 G card will last almost a year. I find them to be even handier than our loxex Sam's club surveillance system. No, it's not some guy from the inner city, it our own sneaky back stabbing jealous neighbors. You know their mindset when their kids play with yours and you hear them call your house "the mansion". That's the parents.

cnc0918

Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/18 07:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

azrving wrote:

Cnc019
You don't have to accuse anyone of anything and you don't have to do anything to them. You could have nearly worked yourself to death to get the MH and some will be jealous and vengeful.

When we were away from our second house the neighbors were cleaning out the landscaping plants and garden. They were always friendly and asking how long we would be there. I told the guy just for a weekend one time but didn't say my wife was staying. She came out later that evening and the neighbor woman was at the property line when she noticed my wife. She dropped her shovel and took off. You wouldn't have wanted to hear what I had to say.

Going forward get yourself a couple trail cams with black flash. Four AA batteries and 32 G card will last almost a year. I find them to be even handier than our loxex Sam's club surveillance system. No, it's not some guy from the inner city, it our own sneaky back stabbing jealous neighbors. You know their mindset when their kids play with yours and you hear them call your house "the mansion". That's the parents.

It's crazy what people will do these days. And yes, we will definitely be setting up some cameras whenever we get this thing settled. My husband & I literally built our business with our 4 hands, lots of blood, sweat, & tears after he was downsized out of his previous job. And the motorhome was a big deal for us to buy. I didn't think we'd be able to do it but we did by working for it. We'll get through it, move on, & enjoy the next rig we get.

cnc0918

Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/18 05:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok, it's FINALLY over!! Settled with the insurance company at $32,900. So, I guess my husband & the NADA blue book values WERE right after all. We get the check tomorrow via fed ex & will be looking for our next unit. Right now, we're thinking of something much smaller. We're looking at a 2019 Wolf Pup 18TO Black Label travel trailer & trading in my minivan for a Tahoe to pull it. We have 16 year old twins who probably won't be much into going with mom & dad for too many more years so this will fit all 4 of us for now & then when they are "too cool" to come with us, it'll be really nice for the 2 of us too.

chuckftboy

Fleming Island, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/18 08:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

About 6 weeks or so and your insurance company took care of you. That's good. You probably got a small ulcer worrying about it but in the end, they did the right thing and in a timely manner. You should consider staying with them on the new RV.

2015 HR Ambassador 38DB 340 ISB
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

Farmboy666

Pisgah Forest, NC

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/18 07:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dougrainer wrote:

Average value for your model is 25k, not 35k. While it IS your baby, you have to be realistic on the real value of that motorhome. One thing novices do when they go to the Kelly type sites is they ADD all what they think is optional equipment. REAL NADA books already have those options as standard equipment built into the price listed, which is where the actual 25k value comes from. Doug

Ok, it's FINALLY over!! Settled with the insurance company at $32,900.

Good for you.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> Class A vandalized on roof
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS