cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can you identify this tow setup?

beaubeau
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking about buying a used Jeep and it's got a tow setup.
Can you identify the brand in the attached photo?
Can you tell if that wiring plug is just for brake lights? Or maybe for an integrated electronic brake controller?
Thanks much

Looks like the link might me not quite right, if not, here it is: https://imgur.com/WKEQtAp
Chip & Nancy (and our furry pack). 2008 Allegro Open Road Freightliner.
17 REPLIES 17

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Google that plug and then test to see if it's wired correctly.

Is the owner supplying the missing base plate connectors? And you'll want short safety cables to the frame, the remainder is tow bar related. Does it have an aux brake or set up for Ready Brute tow bar? The jeep is heavy enough to require a aux brake in many states.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Base plate is Blue Ox, there are pieces that lock into those holes. If seller doesn't have them, you might need to buy as replacement parts, because they don't come with the tow bar, they come with the base plate.

Four-pin connector will not have lines for brake controller or charge line, four pins are the minimum for lighting needs.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Lancslad
Explorer
Explorer
My 4 round is wired to separate lights in the rear housings, and illuminates running, left and right turn and brake lights. I do not see a breakaway on the OP's photo.
2011 FR Georgetown 337DS
2003 Dodge Dakota Towed

beaubeau
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks very much.

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
That is a four round. It is for tail lights only if it was wired correctly.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for helping with both the link to the picture and the actual picture itself.

You need to see the picture to comment, Fire Up? Oh!

Well, not exactly sure just what that comment was intended to mean but, YES, I did need to see the picture, JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DID so I could maybe help.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
I like this

http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=2
beaubeau wrote:
Thanks for all the help! And Scott, I have always found posting photos here to be difficult. DutchmenSport - how did you get the photo to show in your post?
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

beaubeau
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the help! And Scott, I have always found posting photos here to be difficult. DutchmenSport - how did you get the photo to show in your post?

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
FIRE UP wrote:
Well,
Apparently since no one else has mentioned it, I must be the only one that cannot see the picture you're asking about. All I get is a small colored block with some italics that have "image" in the middle of them. So, so much for me trying to help.
Scott

Try this:

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Clicky

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
You need to see the picture to comment, Fire Up? Oh!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
Well,
Apparently since no one else has mentioned it, I must be the only one that cannot see the picture you're asking about. All I get is a small colored block with some italics that have "image" in the middle of them. So, so much for me trying to help.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Might be, Corkey.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Corkey05
Explorer
Explorer
It appears to be a Blue Ox baseplate (Clicky)

The electrical would depend on what towing hardware is installed in the Jeep. Lights are a given, but beyond that it depends on the brand of brakes (if electrical) and if there's a charge line installed.
2008 HR Endeavor PDQ - Ford Edge 4 Down
FMCA F374292